Betta Fish Forum banner

The palest fish is even paler!

490 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Oldfishlady 
#1 ·
Alby is my new(ish) baby (I've had him for a little over a month now with no issues). For the past two days he's been sitting mostly at the bottom, sometimes lazily up to the top. He still eagerly eats food and he gets more active when I go up to his tank. What worries me most is that his already pale, pale fins (he's all white) seem to have become ever paler, even translucent around the edges (in clean lines, not ragged or anything).
Tank size: 2 gallons
Heated: 78 degrees
Feedings: He gets two pellets in the morning and one freeze dried bloodworm and three pellets at night.
Water changes: I do two per week, 50% water change on wednesday and a 100% water change on sunday.
Water additives: I use seachem prime as my water conditioner.

The symptoms seemed to have started after his last 50% water change, although he was a little less active before that. I always let him acclimate to the water temperature for at least a half an hour before putting him in the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.