Betta Fish Forum banner

Two new big eared girls, not sure of names yet!

2K views 41 replies 12 participants last post by  Roemgie 
#1 · (Edited)
So these are my first two aquabid betas!! I am so excited!!

They both are beautiful and healthy :p and meeting Maybelline (behind glass of course, 10 gallon isn't ready yet).

Any name suggestions???

Here's Maybelline looking at both of the new girl :)

Other new girl

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you!! If you every want to get a betta from aquabid I got my peachy/white girl from TMT bettas and they have some AMAZING bettas!

#7 ·
Maybelline is my marble girl, the blue one is currently unnamed but that would have been a cute name :D and thank you!

#12 ·
No worries! I hope I didn't sound rude! I was just letting you know :p

#13 ·
You're going to think I'm joking but I forgot that Maybelline was a make up company until a friend was teasing me about it...I just remember hearing that name and loving it. I do not use make up so lol I have a reason to not know :p

#16 ·
I've never used it except for a odd time once or twice and I don't tv at college so I've been unexposed lol and Opal?

#17 ·
I do like that name but I know of someone by that name and I don't like to repeat names that I know lol

#18 ·
How stunning! Good luck choosing names. c:
Something romantic like Aphrodite or Cybele would be fitting imo. I love Maybelline for your blue girl though.

#23 ·
I really like those actually! A friend of mine suggested Albina for my little peachy girl :p and for the blue girl with lipstick I'm not sure :/ I named my marble girl Maybelline because I just liked the name and then found out it was a make up company XD but at least it suits her!!

Do you pronounce Cybele (Say-bell)?

#25 ·
Do you think Opal would fit my blue big eared girl??

#26 ·
If you're talking about Opal for my blue big eared girl I actually really like that one...hmmmm

#30 ·
Thank you :D

Unfortunately my blue girl is showing signs of pop eye!! I did a full water change today and I've started her on Maracyn Two.

But I do like both of those names! So many to choose from!

#28 ·
what about azure or marine for the blue one and hyacinth or opalline for the pink one

#31 ·
I love all those names!! It is so hard to decide!

#33 ·
Marine, Opalline and Maybelline all go together ;-)

#34 ·
That does sound all nice :D

I have a quick question, do you have any experience with pop eye?

#35 ·
Sadly I do not... Check out the diseases sticky it tells you quick what the symptoms and treatment are. I do know if you suspect it is popeye you need to do a 100% water change immediately and often and add ampicillin to the water for treatment. Id caught and treated quickly the fish will heal with no repercussions

#36 ·
Thank you for the advice! I will look for that thread right now! And I hope that I reacted in the right way and am on the road to recover for her!

#40 ·
Thank you!! That's the one I actually found and I've been going off of! Gosh I hope she'll do ok!!

#39 ·
The blue girl?

And trust me I'm in love with all three!! I am preparing a very heavily planted and nice hiding spaces tank for the 3 of them and I cannot wait for it to be ready!!

#41 ·
Follow through with treatment and extra water changes and she'll be fine. You caught it early on and that's the most important part! I read that when a fish dies from popeye its not the popeye its self that killed the fish. In that case popeye was a sign of something much more serious such as TB. You said your fish was otherwise acting normally and eating so I have faith she will be A-OK!

#42 ·
She's been recovering well :) if it wasn't for her eye being cloudy she would be looking perfectly normal so I'm glad I did notice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.