Betta Fish Forum banner
1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Eggbert 
#1 ·
I was at a petco yesterday (remember remember the 5th of november) and I saw this royal blue/slight purple maybe vt wiggling about energetically in awful water conditions. The water was almost yellow, he has sb, his fins are super clamped, and his stress stripe was obvious. So needless to say I couldn't leave him with all that spirit in such terrible water conditions. I ask for a manager and convinced him this betta will die if I don't take him. It worked.

So far I've acclimated him to clean water, put him in a heated hospital t 81*, 2tsp/g epsom salt, api stress coat, a couple dried oak tree leaves, and I've changed the water every 12 hrs.
If any of you wonderful betta experts have any suggestions on what I'm doing or what I'm not doing please let me know for Buddy's sake.

#3 ·
Make sure that the top of his tank still is open to air since bettas need to breathe from the actual air. Otherwise he may suffocate D: What is your tank size? You really don't have to change his water that often. If you really want his water SUPER clean go for every other day so that he won't be stressed out so much.

#10 ·
You need Epsom salt for internal. Aquarium salt is go external.

Those might be ammonia burns. Just keep an eye on them. :) he's gonna be a looker!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.