Betta Fish Forum banner

Does this Petsmart betta look female to you?

4K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Perry the platypus 
#1 ·
I got a betta from Petsmart today that was labeled as a female, but she has fins that are much longer than any others in my sorority. I know they are breeding females with longer fins nowdays, but this one is not full grown (about halfway there) and her fins are already as long as I'd expect a male's to be at this age. What do you think? Water Aquarium Organism Adaptation Fish

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry, forgot to mention the betta in question is the white one. Also, do you think she will marble? She has a spot on her side that makes me think she might grizzle or marble. Also, some faint color on part of her fins. Thanks!

#4 ·
Happy, happy, happy to hear that! I don't have the room for another male!

#6 ·
Thanks so much. I have another labeled "baby betta" from Petco (yeah, one of those) that couldn't walk away from, and would like to see if you can tell her sex. She's younger than this one. Probably only about 8 weeks. I'll post her separately.

#7 ·
"Baby Betta" from Petco. Male or female?

Labeled simple "baby betta" at Petco, this one is more aggressive than any in my sorority, even though its a baby, so was wondering, does it look like it might be male to you?

Attachments

#8 ·
Last one for you to sex for me.

This is the original betta I needed a gender on. I got them all mixed up, as three are very similar. This one is very difficult to photograph, so not the best picture, its just so darn fast. But any idea? Its only about 8 weeks old.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.