Betta Fish Forum banner

Opinions...

4K views 63 replies 14 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I was wondering instead of splitting one of my 10 gallons in two, would it be okay to split it in 3? Each betta would have about 6.67 inches of space. I just didn't want to leave Merlin all by himself in a one gallon tank. The only problem with Merlin, is hoping his white stuff doesn't come back if I put him in bigger tank. So I'll probably leave the one gallon set up just in case. Opinions? Do you think it's enough space? It's a little over 3 gallons per betta. Thanks guys.

#3 ·
Really? That's great. It just seemed like I was leaving Merlin out, and he seems so unhappy with a one gallon. Thanks Drama! =D

#7 ·
Yeah if it doesn't look right, space wise that is, I won't do it. I really want to get a 20 long and put all of my bettas in it.

#8 ·
I think thats a pretty good idea. Instead of leaving a betta out, or having to buy more tanks, :) .

#11 ·
Here's what it looks like so far. Still gotta do the middle section. But I think it looks spacious enough for them. A little over 3 gallons each.

Whatcha think?

#12 ·
Oh and with the divider thing, they won't be able to get through or over. I always fill it to the top, but I've got a light on top and a piece of wood leaving just enough room for air and feeding. So I got that taken care of. Now I just gotta wait for Ember's fin rot to get better, and I'll put them all in. I'll put up pics in the "post pics of your bettas home" section once I do.

#14 ·
Yes, and heres my story...
I had my 20 gal split in 3s and yes it did work out well, but when one of my guys died i moved my female in there and she is a jumper for sure! I had to lower the water so she couldn't make it over the dividers, luckly the guys didn't mind having her visit though.
She would get over through the front area of the tank where the top opens for feeding and such, its the only part where the divider doesn't touch the top, and when i saw her doing it is when i lowered the water and then she wasn't able to jump that high.
Only thing was it bothered me to see the water line go beneath the trim, but thats just my own silliness.

#16 ·
Thank Neenjar.
lol Robarie I know what you mean, the water level in my tanks always have to been at the top. It bothers me so much if it doesn't reach the trim. Thanks for the help.

#17 ·
I was thinking of dividing my 10 gal in 3, I did the calculations and everything in my head so it seemed fine. I think that's what I'm going to do.

#18 ·
Yeah I like it. still no fish in it yet. I need to get more meds. Trying to work on that. Don't know when I'll be able to get them in there.

#21 ·
I got mine at Ingles. They surprisingly didn't have them at Walmart. A guy told me they only have them in August and a while after when they're selling school supplies.

#22 ·
Okay so here's the date I should have the three boys in the tank: August 4th.
I'm getting Fishy Ich meds tomorrow and starting him on those tomorrow. I'll treat him for 2 weeks. Hopefully by then Ember's tail will be better and Merlin's stuff is gone. So it will be a while till there's pics with them in the tank. But wish me luck with everyone's meds. I'm sure once I get them a heater, they won't get sick all the time.

#26 ·

Here's the tank all set up with water. I'm putting Merlin and Fishy in it on Sunday. Ember can't go in until I get him all better, which might take some time. I didn't feel like setting it up just split in half for now. Merlin will be in the left section and Fishy will be on the right. Which means when Ember's better, he'll be in the middle. I decided to put him in the middle because he doesn't flare up as much as the other two do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.