Betta Fish Forum banner

Sponge filter help

866 views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Elliriyanna 
#1 ·
I just bought two sponge filters , They will be going in my 20 gallon ( and eventually my 40 long) .. However I have never used a sponge filter before and I don't know how big of an air pump I need ... All I have read is you don't need a ton of air to run them.

#3 ·
I had the same problem. I have a 20G but the sponge filter is for an 80G (the only one I found locally) and I have no idea what my pump is rated for. I'm guessing 20G

Maybe go for one that is rated for 40G?

#16 · (Edited)
Thanks for your kind and generous nasty comment to a simple question. I asked what an axolot was because I didn't know. I'm not a fan of that ceartue, and I'm entitled to my opinion!!!!

Besides which that animal is hardly a Betta, which is the subject of this forum.

#17 ·
I do not post nasty comments on your pets do not post them about mine ...

Also just because the tank I am currently setting up is not for a betta does not mean the information I gain here can not be used for my betta tank.

Your comment was far more rude than mine I merely answered your question ... Why ask if you are just going to get rude.

#18 ·
You are entitled to your opinion as am I. I simply asked what an azolot is as I didn't know. I answered with what I felt. I am not a fan of any reptiles and so stated. You are entitled to any pets you desire. But, please don't tell me I must like it because I don't. I also hardly think that axolot specific data is directly applicable to Bette care. However, you are entitled to your opinion.

#19 ·
I asked about a sponge filter lol not the axolotl :) So the data CAN be applied to betta care.

However I understand you are entitled to not like them ... To each their own , but there was no need to be nasty about it.

Not fully relevant but ... Axolotl are amphibians not reptiles. I am not a reptile fan either especially being a rat owner.

#20 ·
Besides which that animal is hardly a Betta, which is the subject of this forum.
Actually this is just a subsection of the much larger tropicalfishkeeping.com forum.

A sponge filter works the same way weather its for a betta, turtle or Axolotol.

#23 ·
I stand corrected about the axolot. It seems we had a misunderstanding about my response to the axolot link to the axolot site. My response was NOT intended to be rude. I was brought up to understand that "Not my cup of tea" is simply saying Not for me or I don't care for it. If you misunderstood I apologize.

#25 ·
LOL wooper and mudkip are Both inspired by axolotl ... Which is why one of mine is Mudkip.

Thanks for the help :) I am seriously thinking about sponge filters all around ( If I get another betta since I can run several sponge filters off one air pump :) )
Being able to run several filters off 1 pump is awesome. My big pump has 8 spongies running. They are terrific and Ive slowly gotten rid of all HOBs except for my big tanks where I have both. The Axolotl is pretty cute. I may have to get one of those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.