Betta Fish Forum banner

Names for my new boy?

2K views 30 replies 6 participants last post by  lilnaugrim 
#1 ·
Hello, betta lovers out there!!! Now calling all creative geniuses! :p

I just got a new baby! I'm thrilled to pieces but I can't quite find the perfect name for him. You know how that can be, nothing seems to fit him exactly. He's a halfmoon male with gorgeous turquoise fins. Im not sure how to post a picture (I gave it my best shot so we'll see if I got lucky) but even if I didn't he's the fish in my profile picture. I like unique names, but I also like names I can pronounce. :) As far as his personality goes, he is very curious about the outside world and loves to show off! All suggestions are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for all your help!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Also:

Rowdy Yates X3
Gil Favor
Jim Quince
Joe Scarlett
Hey Soos Patinez
Pete Nolan

Tonto
Scout
Ranger
Clayton
Silverheels

Trigger
Bullet
Colt
Roy Rogers

Kid Curry
Hannibal Heyes
Outlaw
Rebel
Johnny Yuma

(If nobody's noticed yet, I have a thing for westerns x3)

#9 ·
Wow, thanks guys these are great!!! I like Conrad, Dominic, and Maverick. A couple I had thought of were Jasper and Vincent. I'm still not sure and now I have way more to choose from...�� Any favorites out of that list? I'm also still open to new ones. Thanks so much for all the help!!!!

#17 ·
LOL! I like cowboy, but he's a bit too flamboyant for the name I think. :) I may be being a little too picky because i love a lot of the names you guys suggested, but I just can't find a name I feel like is meant for him and I don't want to settle for something I'll have doubts on. Anyone have suggestions for something to fit his personality? Like I said he's a big show-off and is very curious. He's flashy and almost carries himself in a regal manner. Again guys, sorry for being so picky...I am super thankful though! I'm still considering the other names I mentioned earlier.

#27 ·
I actually just tried your first suggestion and found my name:) it sounds super corny but I stood there and called him by my top 5 or so and when I said one of them he actually paused and turned around and looked at me while proceeding to wiggle about happily...so after much deliberation, his name is Jasper. He picked it not me...lol or maybe he had just decided he was hungry at that moment. Either way I'll take it as a sign!!! Thank you guys soooo much for all your help!!!! Your suggestions were great and I may still use them for future fish (because you can't just have one:p) :-D:-D:-D

#24 ·
Oo Regency sounds nice!

I totally undertsand about finding the right name. :) It took me several months before I found one I liked. XD We'll just keep listing til you see one you like. c:

Tudor
Burdette
Townsend
Pinckney

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.