Betta Fish Forum banner

Excited!!!!

895 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sarahlydear 
#1 ·
I've been at college and I'm already dubbed the crazy fish lady :p
Anyway I've been getting my dorm more and more into bettas but I've had one girl that has been very stubborn. She has a male in an unheated, 1/2gal bowl with river rocks and guppy grass. Needless to say it being central KS and chilly he hasn't been very active, but she insists that he's perfectly fine.

Her roomie decided to get a betta but is taking my advice. So the roomie's betta has a 2.5 (up to a 3.5 or 4 gal now), heater, lots of toys and plants, and love. Thus he is super active and even does tricks.
Last night the stubborn girl decided to move her betta to a 2.5gal with a heater!
She's also considering changing up his diet and getting him better pellets. :)

It makes me happy and while getting that stuff I ended up with a super tiny female that is going to my neighbor, but boy is she cute! Not even an inch long, so I'm going to care for her until she's a bit bigger.

I'm anxious to see the end of the year because after 4weeks I already have 2bettas in good homes and 1 upgraded. :) My goal is to have my entire dorm filled with happy bettas. Luckily the girls here are actually willing to take good care of them and do what is needed too. So far my RA and a girl down stairs have started craving bettas also. :D

Just my happy rant, I get the eye roll and walk away when I cheer here...

See less See more
#3 ·
I wish I had roommates as willing to properly care for the fish they should have never bought. Good for you! Can we trade so you can work your magic on my fish abusers?

#4 ·
Hmm are you willing to stay up late to keep an insomniac out of trouble ;) If so sure! I'd love to! I've learned we have a few that aren't willing to go ALL the way and won some goldfish but I'm working on them. They were kind of forced owners though...Another room came and asked me for advice today though! :)

....something very disturbing happened though...a girl came up to my group while we were talking about bettas and bragged about how her mom loves to go to pet stores and put the male bettas in the same cup...they find it hilarious...I promptly told her she should never say that again especially around me and walked away but man it pissed me off!!

#5 ·
I thought crazy fish lady was my title! My suitemate at college just became interested in getting pet fish, particularly two goldfish. I told her what I knew and she actually listened! She wants to buy a 3 gallon filtered, heated tank for a Betta! I am so happy someone actually wants to take proper care of their fish.
Alas, one of my friends keeps her Betta in a small unheated tank and refuses to listen to my advice. Her last Betta lived 8 months. She claimed that she loves her fish, but when I told her what she needed to do, she told me that it wasn't worth it for a four dollar fish.
I guess you win some, you lose some. I am glad to hear so many people are being educated about these beautiful creatures. Keep it up!

#6 ·
Well luckily what happens is they come into my room and see how happy and healthy my babies are so they want one, but they want it to be like mine; so they listen to everything I tell them. :) Some people though just don't seem to get it. :(

That's awesome about your suitmate! Mine has said she is perfectly content looking at mine and doesn't need one of her own lol.

Luckily most of the girls in my dorm are education majors so they're all ears when it comes to learning something new and they don't think I'm weird when I go into lecture mode! They understand! So it's working out great. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.