Betta Fish Forum banner

Marine Betta?

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Sheldon31 
#1 ·
While crusing ebay for some betta related stuff (looking for a betta mirror but as the UK is completely incapable of stimulating their fish I can't get toys :( ) I came across the "marine betta". Can find lots of pics of them on google images, they are like a large brown betta with white spots. They are missing the upturned mouth of our "domestic bettas" but they are still fairly impressive looking!

Anyone know anything about them? Just out of curiosity. I would never have a marine tank. Are they have any relation to our little splendens?

#2 ·
Looks like they're just lucky enough to look a little like a betta... kinda cute, yeah. Kinda ugly, too, lol

Oh, and if you can't get a mirror.. two words. Laser Pointer.

#7 ·
My fish think that the laser pointer is the greatest invention since the suction-cupped thermometer, which they periodically check. Like they don't trust me to keep the temp. stable. :-?

And the marine bettas are alternately beautiful, adorable, and grotesque. In some photos, they're like huge galaxy-colored plakats. :)

#8 ·
Hmm I think they look very pretty. :) I couldnt find a heck of a lot of info on them when I typed in marine betta I just got lots of betta splendin pages.

Ky checks the thermometer a lot! I've seen him balancing on the top of it having a rest, the Corys do it too. I've got a laser pointer somewhere that I baught for my cats I'll have to have a look for it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.