Betta Fish Forum banner

5.5g tankmates

3K views 30 replies 5 participants last post by  Pilot00 
#1 ·
could I get 2 pygmy cories? I was thinking about maybe some neons..... just 3...or an ADF or some shrimp... i dont like snails :/

#2 ·
Sorry, your tank is too small. :l Only shrimp and snails for you. If your tank is below 10 gallons, you can't have fish mates. Only the shrimps and snails.

#3 ·
yea, I hear that and then i see alot of people have some fish etc...in their 5g and theyre doing just fine...so i'm just curious... as far as the ADF i know some people have them in their 2.5g tanks so i know there is enough room for atleast them... but i dont know much about them... so idk if i even want them

#11 ·
A fishes bioload doesn't depend on size 100% a one inch gold fish will make a lot of ammonia , yet a 2 inch betta will make little. It depends on the species...

Also, cories are schooling fish and should at least have 5 together, same with neons except they can get aggressive when in small schools so 8+ is best.

#13 ·
Yes i agree on that but i believe (never had a frog though) that 5 pigmies would still be a lower bioload, after all they have cleaning properties as well.

#31 · (Edited)
Eh... actually the pigmies only dif is size and bioload in comparison to the regular cories. They only swim in the surface to breath but yes they do swim in the middle occasionally.
A school of six in a ten gallon is a paradise for them.

But thats a personal preference ofc.

#18 ·
We had a frog at one time. It was my daughters...we had it with a betta and the betta would always eat the frogs food so we had to "hand feed" the frog...and he ate soooo slow! It was cute at first then it became a hassle. We gave it to a friend who now has it in his own little tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.