Betta Fish Forum banner

Don't let the BF name your fish...

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  sunnydawnie 
#1 · (Edited)
The little fin munching VT I got a few weeks back was still nameless until last night. Don't know why just no good names came to mind. Now my BF dosn't really have much of an opinion as far as my bettas are concerned, he dosen't love them, he dosen't hate them.
So last night when we were going to bed he came into my room to say goodnight and I was talking to the minions, tucking them in for bed :lol:. He asked what there names are so I went down the line ending with "no name". I told him I just hadn't come up with anything yet and asked if he wanted to name it. He's all in to japanese history, ninjas, etc so I thought he'd come up with something cool. Boy was I wrong!

Everyone I give you Crowder Pea! :roll:

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I had a fish named halo :p lol my brother calls my betta "tampon"....that is NOT his name. Haha ps my fiance is so offended that I laughed out loud to this thread and is now naming off all the "cool" betta names he would pick. Hahahaha!

#7 ·
Hahaha. At least my boyfriend helps me with appropriate names, since both boys have Roman emperor names. He's already named all the females in my future sorority and future male bettas.

#16 ·
For the Mollie he gave me as an anniversary present my guy said, "blackie"... guess what color? LOL!

Omg though! Call him Cro?

My mom called my female "girl" for the longest time... gosh...

My guy & I are into the same stuff, so I am sure the fish would have a good 'hobby' name... like we both love Sons of Anarchy so a fish named Jacks, Sam Cro, etc wouldn't bother me! ;)

#17 ·
I named my fish Goldie. My boyfriend of 10yrs is hispanic and can't pronounce things correctly at times. He tried to name my orange betta "Nemo" from the movie but keeps calling him "mamaw". I TRY to tell him to stop calling him that, mamaw means grandmother in English and this is a young, boy betta - nope, he won't stop.

#18 ·
Poor little guy's got the handle of Granny...Well he could have been accidentily called Fluffles right? Some names...Are better then others.

My BFF wanted to name Akira and almost named him Sebastian...I told her no but he had many a name option. He was almost an Alois.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.