Betta Fish Forum banner

New Guy on da Block

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Blaxicanlatino 
#1 ·
sup. Names Blax and I just recently purchased a betta.
lookin for some advice and tips and talk or whateva

sooo.... WUS UP PLEaSE TO MEET YALL :D 8) 8)

#2 ·
hey blax! 8) welcome to fishforum. hope ya find what you're lookin for. :D

#4 ·
hey blax, wat color betta you got? is it male or female? wat size tank or bowl you got it in? :)

#5 ·
ive been lookin fo a place where i could talk to others about bettas. dis place is tight.

I have a male viel tail betta. hes a dark purple body with blood red fins and baby blue matalic streaks through his tail.

I rescued em from the pet store. My first Betta ever. had em for 2 months so far. When i purchased him, he had tail rot so hes now in the healing process.

hes in a 1 gallon tank. When i move and get a 10 gallon tank, Im puting neon tetras and multiple betta latinas in it

What kind do yall have?

#6 ·
radical fish! sounds pretty awsome. i have a community tank. in it i got 2platies, 4guppies, 1catfish, 1cory, 2cherry barbs, 1 irridescent shark(still very small), swordtail, molly, and fake plants. got a rock "formation" too. i also got some babies that im gonna bring back to my lfs. your plans for your new 10g sound great. 8)

#11 ·
blax, dont put the crowntail with your current betta(if it is a male) and if it is a female then you want to get 2-3 of them or the male will beat up or kill 1. if there are 3 then he will only chase each one a little and they will be fine :wink: i would suggest putting the crowntail in a different bowl though.

#12 ·
i figured you knew that but there are newbies who might look at this forum and learn something. :wink:

#13 ·
crazy4fish said:
blax, dont put the crowntail with your current betta(if it is a male) and if it is a female then you want to get 2-3 of them or the male will beat up or kill 1. if there are 3 then he will only chase each one a little and they will be fine :wink: i would suggest putting the crowntail in a different bowl though.

of course!!! i would never put 2 males together. I may be a new member but ive done my homework 8)

I was going to put the male crowntail in an old 1 gallon lizard tank.

and later get a 10G tank with multiple female bettas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.