Betta Fish Forum banner

Emergency adoption

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  xswornxoffxjello 
#1 ·
Hera must go. I've suspected that she was a male, but wanted to wait until there was definate proof. Now I have it. She's building a bubblenest. :shock:
I have no room for another male, and she can't stay with the other girls. Would anyone be interested? how do I ship? if I ship? I don't want her (I mean, him) to die.

#5 ·
Is she just a bully, then? I've tried some tricks that others on this forum have suggested, but it doesn't seem to help. I've never had a sorority before, but with the others, if someone gets on their "turf" they flare and the others move away. Hera will chase them around and around and bite at their fins until there's almost nothing left. She stays in a corner all the time and works on her bubblenest (which makes it hard to take pics. Sorry for the bad quality but this is the only one I could manage) One time when the bubblenest was particularly thick Cora started getting really huge looking, and I separated them just in case. Maybe she was confused?

Attachments

#8 ·
Cora is getting vertical stripes again when none of the others are. She's also getting rounder, though not as round as last time, as if she's full of eggs. Her fins are almost gone and she's spending a lot of time under the bubblenest with Hera, who is working on it diligently.
Even if Hera's just aggressive, I just don't have room for her. Anyone interested? I'd ask around my home, but no one wants to house them.
Pics of Cora are attached. I'm using the only camera that I have, which is kind of old, so sorry for the quality.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.