Betta Fish Forum banner

Has anyone else's betta snapped?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SaylorKennedy 
#1 ·
I was doing wcs and I decided to move all the live plants into the 10 gallon since they aren't doing so well in the 3 gallon, and I also moved decorations. Well I put all the fish back in and Cade went crazy and started attacking my poor otos. I scooped him up and switched him with Augie. He's never had any problems with them at all. :S I'm thinking he might have felt like his territory was threatened? Anyone else have this happen?

Anyways, it's fine I guess. Augie can be a stalkerfish and follow his oto now. He seems to enjoy that. Weird little guy.

Cade is pouting in the 3 gallon.

Bandit's sleeping.

Tegan's running on her wheel.

The end.

#6 ·
Yeah, maybe he was confused about the switch and got all territorial. I personally feel that adding anything with bettas is just a ticking time bomb ready to happen because they're so territorial. In the wild they prefer to be alone so I probably won't ever add anything in with mine. But, if you're an experienced betta keeper, which you are, than you know what to look for as signs and when to take your fish out like you did.

#8 ·
Cade has never had any problem with the otos before and I change their setup everyweek during water changes. And yes, nochoramet, Rhys did get the better deal but it's better because I took the baffle off the filter and with the extra movement, my tank is waaay cleaner now. I actually think Cade enjoys the 3 gallon too. He tended to stay on one part of the tank anyways (the water was baffled at the time, so it wasn't because of the powerful current) so now he's all over the place in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.