Betta Fish Forum banner

My mighty little Hero.

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  vaygirl 
#1 ·
Poor Hero. I went to feed today and he was gone. I only had him for a month or so. But it felt like he has been with me for a life time. I tried my best, but I guess it was to late. He built a bubble nest, yesterday, and I was happy. But today, my heart has shattered. I will bury him in the backyard. May his little fish soul swim free.

R.I.P Hero

#2 ·
I'm so sorry! ='/ At least he was in a great home for a few months! R.I.P to Hero! Swim freely...

#5 ·
Why did he die?
To tell you the truth. I am not really sure. It could have been something internal or could have been the fact he wasn't eating. Again, I am not really sure.

Well, I couldn't post last night. I got him out of his home, held him, looked at my mother, and the tears started rolling.

#8 ·
Yes, I cycle. But his home is uncycled. I did water changes every other day. Putting him in a place that had enough room for him to swim, it had a plant, and a floating plant.

#9 ·
Hero was in pretty bad shape when you got him and he lasted a lot longer than I thought he would from the symptom you posted, I think you did a great job with him and made his last 30 days as comfy as it could have been. Know in your heart that you did everything that could have been done...all you can do is your best and you did...IMO.....
Sorry for your loss........

#10 ·
I have to agree with that. I am just glad that he knew some love in this world even though it was short.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.