Betta Fish Forum banner

First Betta

844 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Laki 
#1 ·
Hi My name is Dave and I got my 1st Betta for Christmas from my sister in law. She took me over to Pets mart to rescue a Betta from the cold dank tiny little cups the sell them in. I saw Lefty and he saw me and did a little dance for me. I have to get this fish I said. He is an elephant ear Betta, but his left fin is smaller then the right so that's how He got his name! When it's time to feed him I do a little dance back and forth till Lefty follows me, after he dances for me he gets his food. My wife has one Betta also, her 2nd the 1st one she had committed bettaside by jumping out of her bowl I never felt so bad about a pet passing on. that weekend I went out and got a covered tank so Lefty would be saved from a ending like that.
Love the web site lots of good info

#8 ·
Welcome to the forums :D I hope you learn a lot and have fun here n.n One of my favorite things about owning bettas, is getting to interact with all the other betta owners here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.