Betta Fish Forum banner

dont know how to get rid of it:(

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  bettalover2033 
#1 ·
hello everyone i need help on how to help a bloated betta my beautiful goliath:) hes getting bloated what do i do??

#3 ·
What do you feed him and how often (how many times a day and how much per day?)? Their stomachs are the size of ONE eye so it's very small. If you're feeding pellets, I'd try soaking them first (15-20 minutes) before feeding them. When the betta eats the pellets and gets wet, it'll expand in the bettas stomach causing it to bloat.

#4 ·
wow that sounds very possible well i feed him everyday and two pellets a day. but also should i wait a few days then start feeding him again (first soak before just feeding) ?:-?

#5 ·
Depends on what type of bloating it is, I would say that bloating strictly in the belly region is an over full belly or constipation and what they said above fasting him for a couple of days would be best to help allow him to pass the compaction...

However if the swelling continues to grow in the belly region to an unnatural size and or spread to the whole body I would be worried about dropsy, which is essentially uncurable.

Perhaps a photo could help??

I would just keep an eye on your betta for a bit to monitor the swelling

#6 ·
ill try my best to get pictures and also all i have done was give him pellets and he started bloating. so i dont know...i have never had dropsy done to my bettas and i hope it doesn't happen too...but one thing is that he is only a little bloated but i think that if i dont treat it then he will die and i dont want that to happen i have had him for 3 months now:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.