Betta Fish Forum banner

Hello (noob!)

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Oldfishlady 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I recently decided to get back into the fish keeping hobby. I used to have a few tanks when I was little, and absolutely loved it. After stumbling across these forums, I've been doing alot of reading as I planned and setup my new aquarium, with a Betta in mind as it's first tenant.

Today, I went to Petsmart and picked up a 'Twin Tail Halfmoon' male, and he is now getting used to his new home. I went for a Marineland 10 gallon LED kit to give him some room (the tank has been up and running for close to a week now with appropriate chemicals, and a stable environment so far).

He seems to be doing well so far, actively exploring and inspecting the aquascape with no signs of distress (that I'm aware of anyway...)

Comments and suggestions are always welcome. I'm a bit rusty at this, but I want to provide a healthy, stimulating environment for my new Betta.

I look forward to contributing to the community :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Why thank you :)

I'd like to go with some live plants at some point, but I think it's a solid start.

I'm looking to make a small community tank of it in the future, so I wanted to make sure he has his own secluded floating betta log in the corner to get used to before new neighbors move in.

He seems far more interested in the ruins so far, though. :p

#5 ·
Here is a close up shot of my new friend, Locutus.

He is adjusting very nicely, and has taken home in the floating log. Cycling is well underway with a bacteria bloom, but water conditions are very good otherwise at a comfortable 80F. I plan on doing 20% conditioned water changes every other day or so as the cycle runs it's course. Too much? Too little?

#7 ·
Thanks

I purchased the castle ruin at a Petco, along with the floating log.

I've added a few small live plants today to help keep things heading in the right direction. He seems very appreciative & happy with them :)

I plan on getting some small floating plants for his log corner in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.