Betta Fish Forum banner

I'm back!

1K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  flying fish 
#1 ·
Yay! I got my sister's 5 gal during the weekend, as well as the tank I used to keep bettas in. I thought it was 1 gal, but it seems to be a bit bigger than I remembered.

Thankfully, all of my fish seem to me doing well. My black CT not only seems to be healthy (no fungus as far as I could see), but he blew a nice bubblenest as well! :D

Unfortunately, Gloria seems to be getting meaner and meaner...all of my other girls have large nips and chunks taken out of their fins.

Today I'm heading out to buy black CT a heater for his 5 gal, as well as a hiding spot so I can put Gloria in the breeding net and then the smaller tank when I can afford a heater for that one.

I'll keep you updated on the 5 gal and how my little guy fares!

#4 ·
I went to Walmart and bought a bunch of stuff for him today! Heater, filter, gravel, silk plants, and a triceratops skull (I was inspired by CodeRed's tank, and I used to love dinosaurs).

But in all my excitement, I forgot to buy the most important thing of all: an extension cord. Oops! :roll:
Now I'll have to wait until the weekend to put him in, my uncle says he can get me a free one from work.

So here are some (terrible) pictures of his new tank. I still have to wash the hood and get the heater & filter in:

#5 ·
Nice tank!! Yeah, I've seen those skulls at my LFS, but I've never gotten one :p I was thinking about putting a Crocodile skull in my 55 when I get it set up. I'm glad I influenced you, lol! Sorry about Gloria, though. Good luck with the new tank :) Also, I LOVE the whale, lol!!

#6 ·
Thanks! I still have to wash the little one and buy a heater. Aughh...I got into bettas hoping they would be cheaper than other pets. xD

I originally wanted to buy flowery plants and make a meadow look, but I saw the skull and it reminded me of Sherbert's tank and how much I liked it.

I love him too! I won him this year at a carnival with my friends. I like to think of him as a guadian of the tanks, lol.

#7 ·
I know!! I was originally going to get a cornsnake, but the price on them was a bit too high (at the time), so I though "I'll get a betta!"
I've since spent probably about 300 dollars on them. ;x

And lol! I'm glad you liked Sherbet's tank x3 I'm happy to say he's actually sleeping in his skull now. Before he just used to sleep on the top of the tank.

I need a tank guardian. I have three cats, so I need one!!

#8 ·
Yeah...every time I look at the tank, it seems like there's something else I need! Lol. Still cheaper than my cat, but...a job would be really helpful. xD

I hope he likes it too! Right now he's sleeping on the bottom of his net. I can't wait to move him in to his big home. I originally wanted to split it in 2 but...just thinking about how happy he'll be in his new home is giving me second thoughts. I think I'll throw an ADF in there with him instead. :)

Lol! I remember your cats...maybe I'll win another one next year and send it to you.

#9 ·
Oh, yeah. I know the feeling. A couple of my tanks are so barren that I feel terrible. Next time I go, I'm buying more plants x3

I've been thinking about throwing an ADF in with Sherbet, but I'm not sure how they would respond to the 100% water changes.

And, sweet! xDD I love whales and sharks so much. Right now, I'm trying to decide if I want to studying marine biology in whales, or in sharks. It's a tough decision for me :)

#10 ·
Hm...well, my tank will be cycled, so I think it should be okay. I need to read up a bit more on them first. Otherwise, it'll be a few ghost shrimp. :p

Haha, I'm really into deep water life myself. I find it really interesting. Whales are cool, but one of my bigger fears is narhwals. Sort of silly, but they really freak me out. ;/

#15 ·
Thanks everyone! And happy Thanksgiving to anyone else who celebrated it. :p

I'm open to name suggestions btw. Right now I'm stuck on Sarpedon, Darius, or Cyrus.

I've always found them creepy, dunno why. I like Goblin sharks, myself.

#17 ·
Haha yep, I was planing on naming him after Cyrus the Great...though I like Sarpedon too.

And of course, any other name suggestions would be great. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.