Betta Fish Forum banner

Petco

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Silverfang 
#1 ·
Anyone want me to take any pictures of some betta's at petco and place them on here i will be going wed to go get my new betta

#4 ·
oh, not at all! :O we LOVE hearing about pet stores that take good care of their fish! :3 shoot, you should hear me, brag about the pet store i go to, Pet Lover's. >3> i'll admit it. i brag about it. it's where i get all my fish(all my pets, in fact!), and i ADORE the way they care for their bettas!

for example: the known HMs, are kept in the betta tanks(the ones that are about a half gallon, with a divider, only they take out the dividers). the veils, if they get in more CTs, are kept in back, in the tanks with peaceful fish. the girls are also kept back there, in a small sorority with some peaceful tetras, and some kinda catfish. the cups are ALWAYS clean. i never see sick bettas, nor dead bettas. even after being there for weeks, the bettas are happy and healthy. they give me deals, i swear they do. >w> they're really knowledgeable about bettas, too. i want to take pics SOOOO bad! ;A; but, i always forget my camera.

#10 ·
Petco!

Petco is the best store I've been to that sells animals. All of the enclosures are clean and have correct information available on an information booth right next to them. The animals are always very active and healthy, but rarely they'll have an animal get sick. They treat the problem quickly and don't make a fuss about it. The best part about visiting our Petco is that the employees always know what they're talking about when it comes to information on the animals. I've heard employees correcting families when they're about to purchase a 1/2 gallon tank for a betta and much more. It's music to my ears!

#11 ·
Petco is the best store I've been to that sells animals. All of the enclosures are clean and have correct information available on an information booth right next to them. The animals are always very active and healthy, but rarely they'll have an animal get sick. They treat the problem quickly and don't make a fuss about it. The best part about visiting our Petco is that the employees always know what they're talking about when it comes to information on the animals. I've heard employees correcting families when they're about to purchase a 1/2 gallon tank for a betta and much more. It's music to my ears!
I wish my Petco was like yours. All the employee's are knowledgable but their betta's are so tiny they should still be in a grow-out tank.

#12 ·
We have one Petco near us that has great tanks and great employees. They seem to take very good care of the Bettas too. I got D'Argo there.

But, there is another Petco just a few miles away that seriously needs help in the fishkeeping department. They must be going through a bad time right now because I've seen it decline quickly in just the last month - dirty tanks, dirty Betta cups, empty tanks, no plants, ect. When I visited on Sunday they had signs up looking for experienced aquarists.

The Petsmart that is close to my house has a knowledgeable and helpful staff and whenever I am in there they are cleaning the tanks. But, I don't like the way Petsmart keeps their Bettas in the treated blue water because I can't see them very well. But, as far as I know that is company policy and not a reflection on that particular store.

#13 ·
Petco is interesting.... ive been to 4 or 5 stores, and it seems each person in the store has some form of expertise for certain animals... but man if u pick the wrong day or wrong time to come in, youll get someone that is dumber then a box of rocks....

#14 ·
My petco is awesome... The fish guy used to breed bettas, and i rarely ever see sick bettas that arent already being treated. Their tanks are not too over crowded, and kept clean. I wish they would put the female bettas into sororities though, i think it would help them sell.

#19 ·
I won't comment on the three male bettas who look like they've been ignored aside from a bite of food. But they had a tank with five females, and they were so very pretty. (even if some of them were a little small). I was oohing and aaahing over this one female, she had to be the alpha, and was so big with eggs she was practically screaming breed me :eek: The females in the tank looked much happier than the poor boys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.