Betta Fish Forum banner

weird...

766 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  BettaxFishxCrazy 
#1 ·
have a male crowntail for a 4 days now was perfectly fine until this morning. came in and found him at the bottom of the tank 14 gal. and color fading on his left side pretty much gone on the back half. came home this evening and he is pretty much the same except the color is gone on the other side too now. i have a female betta which has been with him since we got them. put in 4 molly's monday he had some aggressive behavior with a black one for awhile but was ok after awhile with it. i went in there earlier and the female had him by one of the bottom fins swimming around with him didn't look like she was trying to hurt him or anything. cann't figure out what is going on with him if he's just stressed or what? i did take him out and put him in his own home for now to see if he does better. so what do you all think?

#2 ·
Male and female bettas should never be in the same tank unless it's for breeding purposes or the tank is divided. The female probably beat him up, they can be more aggressive than males. Make sure to put some aquarium salt in his tank and keep him warm with a heater. I would keep him the tank by himself from now on; some like the company of other fish and some would rather be alone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.