Betta Fish Forum banner

Can't find the Fungus Eliminator, help!

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bettababy 
#1 ·
My fish is dying and I can't find the fungus eliminator to go with my methylene blue to treat my bettas bacterial and fungal infection. I was told by one pet store to use primifix to treat it, and by another pet store to use marisyn(spell check) My fish is living in a 2 gallon BOWL, would that help determine which medication to use on my betta? I don't want to overdose my little Scarlet. She needs medicine fast, can someone help me with what medication would be best for my betta and also the safest. Thank you.
Oh, and will I need to change out water over the duration the medication is being given? My fish is having trouble breathing. :(

#2 ·
I will look right now and see if I can find it online for you. Some places offer overnight shipping.
Pimafix and Maracyn don't mix with methylene blue.
Water changes done during medicating with these 2 meds should be done 100% every day with fresh medicated water, no freshwater changes during the 10 day treatment time.

I'll be back with a link for the meds online.
Hang in there!

#3 ·
Not sure what the shipping time really is for amazon.com but that is one place to get it
http://www.amazon.com/Fungus-Eliminator-2-12-oz/dp/B0002561YW

Another is at Big Al's online
http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18440/si1381327/cl0/junglelabsfunguseliminator
I am pretty sure Big Al's can ship overnight, and they're a safe place to shop online.

Hope that was enough to help... if there's anything more you need, please just post it and we'll do all we can here to help you.

(If you get desperate and can find the Fungus Clear, also made by Jungle... while the ingredients are a bit different, it would be the next closest thing to the fungus eliminator to use and can be mixed safely with the methylene blue)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.