Betta Fish Forum banner

Why did he change?

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Shirleythebetta 
#1 ·
So, I'm wondering why Buddha changed his fins to the point where I became unsure if he was a veiltail. I noticed, after going through my old pics of Buddha, he grew between when I first got him, and now. So I'm assuming he had to have been a few months old when I got him.

Now, if you go into my album, the first picture his him when 3 days after bringing him home. The picture right after is from 4 days ago. So there's about a 5-6 month difference. His fin length is a long longer now, and also fuller. It used to end at a point, but now his fins just drape down and never point anymore.

Can someone help me find out why he changed..?
Is it just his growth?

#2 ·
I am not sure, but i know bettas finnage and colors can change over time. If you go in my albums, you can see that Honeycomb was pure bright yellow with white/cellophane tipped fins when i got him. Now, his yellow colors has gotten duller and he is starting to get black/red pigment on his head, and black scales on his body, and some black in his tail. I am no noticing his tail is turning iridescent blue! Sheesh..i am starting to think bettas are chameleons of Thailand....

i am interested on what other poster say so i will be following this thread also :)

Buddha is GORGEOUS though!

#7 ·
he probably did grow up. Sorry, but i just couldn't help posting this:

Just finished cleaning Honeycomb's tank literally SPOTLESS of algae and mineral deposits on filter and hood. I even took off the heater and HOB filter and cleaned the mineral deposits and algae. I scrub the algae clean every week, but today was the last straw lol. It looks so...so PERFECT!!!

It looks better, and judging by Honeycomb's expression and excessive flaring, it feels better too. XD The water is clearer than it already was, and looks so neat and organized.

Sorry, just had to share because i am so excited about how beautiful it looks!

#8 ·
oooh that's awesome Honeycomb :)

Everytime I clean Buddha's tank I get all upset because it's always dirty somehow xD I think the bamboo doesn't help either :/

#10 ·
Check out my albums and look at my sorority pics at Patty. She was a big changer. She was pale and tiny and now she is a huge orange/red monster. It's normal for them to change their fins and colors as they develop. Actually I think the type that changes the most is spade tails. When they get older most of them turn to veil tails.

#11 ·
Bettas continue to grow and change throughout their lives.

Ever seen the fins on a 2.5 year old betta? This boy took BOS at convention 09.

Red Pink Organism Marine biology Art

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.