Betta Fish Forum banner

RESCUE REHOMING: southern Ontario

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  underdebate 
#1 ·
Hi all. So sorry for the radio silence lately! I've been going through some fairly nasty health issues lately, and between trying to drag myself to and from university and do things like, you know, consume food and sleep, I've basically been out of the loop. However, fortunately the health issues are mostly clearing up and I'm getting back into things, slowly but surely.

I was recently contacted by an owner who's in desperate need of new homes for seven bettas. Most of the fish have been kept in less-than-ideal conditions (I mean vases and wine glasses), some are sick, some have fin rot, some have tail biting issues, some probably have other health issues that haven't surfaced yet. She lives in London, I live in Burlington and go to school in Hamilton; it's a bit of a drive for me, which is why I wanted to see if I could secure homes for these guys before I confirmed with her. I can deliver to basically anywhere within a reasonable distance of those three locations.

There are three boys and four girls being rehomed. Here are the pictures she's sent me:

Sick bettas (not sure which ones these are, or how recent the pictures are):

Some examples of their living conditions:

As you can see, these little boys and girls DESPERATELY need new homes. If I can confirm a home for each of them, I'll tell her I can take them and we'll negotiate a price; tentatively I'm thinking it'll be close to $10-$12 for a delivery and $8 for a pickup, literally only to cover the cost of gas money and whatever I'll be paying for them initially. If the betta you want is VERY ILL, I'm completely willing to nurse them back to health and clear up their issues before you get them-- no extra charge at all, I just want to see these guys in good homes.

If you've got room for a new family member, please consider this! I'll post details as I get them.

See less See more
#4 ·
Will also share on my rescue page on Facebook!

#5 ·
I wish I could take a few, but shipping is a little out of our budget until next payday. I am not sure shipping is a good idea with the way the weather is right now :( Oh I wish I could help. I'll share some info on my Facebook though. Is there an email I can share for contact??

Anyone wanna donate shipping?? hahaha

#7 ·
Thank you everyone who's responded! :( (And thank you for the reposts! I am so, so grateful.)

I'd be really, really reluctant to ship these little guys anywhere right now-- not only with the weather but with the onset of winter, it'd be really difficult, and some of them are probably fairly fragile already.

ETA: Pitluvs, anyone who's interested can contact me by email at jessicafredo at live dot ca!

#8 ·
Hi, just a bump in case anyone has missed this. (So far none of these guys have homes so it's looking kind of bad. :( )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.