Betta Fish Forum banner

Looking for cheap snails

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  WolfHhowling 
#1 ·
Hello.

I am looking for snails. two would be fine. I want to get my mother a really nice looking Nerite snail, to put in with her betta Neptune.

I am also looking for one myself, but my gram only likes the Nerites that have pretty shells, she likes odd colors, and the striped ones quite a lot.

I would need a pick of each snail in your proposal.

The other snail will be going in my 34 gallon tank. ( I may or may not get him some friends if, grandma wants one or two more)

I am only willing to pay anything from 1 cent- 1 for young snails.

I live in Pa, in the town of Carrolltown. I would not like to pay shipping, if possible. I also can not do pay pal for offers above 4 dollars for a pair.

#3 ·
there are only three pet stores in the area 4v if you consider the second petco, pets n stuff and walmart. yes i have to consider walmart.

walmart sells mystery, and doesn't even know what a apple sial is.

petco up here laughs at you because thats all they got are apple sails and mysteries and really don't sell even them so why would they get Nerites?

Then you have the lovely Pets N stuff up here, they don't even sell snails. And refuses to get any in no matter how many times her customers beg.

I live in pa. People who have fish hobbies up here, are saltwater, they look at all the freshwater stuff and hobbyists and laugh.

Also I was looking for Nerite sellers/breeders in my area. ( thus the I don't want to pay shipping)

#4 ·
I found my snails locally by doing an internet search for tropical plants, tropcial fish, nerite snails, etc. I don't know if you've done any online searching but that's where I'd start. It is VERY difficult to find Nerites for sale without having to ship them, I got lucky.

#5 ·
I hate living in Pa. There is nothing here in Cambria county, I half to drive something like a hour just to see a german blue ram. its ridiculous. But thanks, I will see if I can find a Nerite breeder in my area.

#6 · (Edited)
Ya looks like I won't be getting and snails... bloody burgundy.

There is just one more place I could look, that shipping won't kill me.

nvm they don't sell freshwater invertebrates just salt water ones.....

#9 ·
how awful. isnt there a local pet store at all around you?? usually the small pet stores are happy to special order for you. or, something like a country max, or other general all types of animal store. You never know where you might find what you want. another option, advertise in your local paper in the want ads, or even your local craigslist. I bet there are people who have snails someplace near you!

#11 ·
I don't drive, so ya, and pit is 2 or 4 hours away depending on time of day.

I am going to ask Petco, they got a new employee maybe just maybe shes a rare breed and actually cares about the customer as well as the fish would be nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.