Betta Fish Forum banner

African Dwarf Frogs?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mitra 
#1 ·
I want to add something to my 10g divided tank. I have two bettas, 5 gallons per betta, obviously. One side already has a snail, so I figured I'd only get a frog(s) on one side, unless they can be on both.

I don't want to go through the trial and error of fish, plus honestly, bettas are really the only fish I like haha. The frogs are just so comical xD

If it helps, I've got a heater, buffered filter, live plants, gravel, heater, filter, and a log on each side to hide in.

To frog, or not to frog? If so, how many (I don't know if they need to be in a community.)

#2 ·
african dwarf frogs are hilarious to have. they look to be so freakin lazy lol now for the amount you could do 2 frogs per 5 gallon side and they will be fine just make sure you are doing the right water changes

#4 ·
Commercial frog food is limited for aquatic frogs. I bought the HBH sinking frog pellets, but haven't used them in my 10 gallon with 1 betta and 2 dwarf frogs. Reason being is they sink, so a turkey baster doesn't work if your feeding method is dangling it in front of their face. My betta will always patrol the ground after feeding time and eat any of the sunken pellets. So I just feed them frozen (thawed) blood worms or brine shrimp (never freeze-dried, it will block their system up). I dangle the food in front of their face as they launch to the baster to time it right (maybe 1 in every 3 launches they get something). If you have frogs without any other fish it's a lot easier to feed them as you can just leave the food around the tank (preferably in the evening/night). But if you put 2 frogs on each side, you will have to choose a feeding method to ensure they get their protein (net, Tupperware container or turkey baster).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.