Betta Fish Forum banner

Tired of Commercial Betta Sellers

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Pilot00 
#1 ·
Im tired of buying bettas from commercial stores and buying them with diseases such as swim bladder, fin rot, popeye or other diseases. I feel so frustrated when they die, and i spend money and time to try to save them. Anyone feel the same?

If anyone knows any reputable breeders in Ontario, Canada or people that ship here for a fair price PLEASE let me know. I want to finally buy a quality pair of betta's that are disease free.

#2 ·
You can check Aquabid.. there are a couple Canadian sellers on there, I don't know about the quality of their fish though. You could also look on www.ibcbettas.org to see if there is an IBC chapter around you with local breeders.

I know Betta Slave lives in Canada (not sure what Province, etc) but she knows at least one breeder she may be able to put you in touch with.

#5 ·
The bettas at Big Al's near my place are plentiful... 6 shelves of 'em and a whole compartment of them under the desk. The dragons are over-priced though. But still, they have some gorgeous CT's, there was a white/cellophane VT boy I saw last time (hehehe.... :twisted:) and some turquoise/white marbles too. And a dragon-y dal.

#8 ·
i'v never seen a dragontail in my life i would love too though

#9 ·
^^^ The boy in my avvie is a dragon. :p Only I think you mean dragon color, not tail. :wink:

@Jooleeah, the male dragons in my Big Al's are 30 bucks and the females are 20. You are lucky o.o Fourteen is a good price compared to the prices here!

#10 ·
My petco keeps healthy Bettas good food clear water some sick but there Betta fish are from Thailand the cups they can not see each other surface access and they are not stacked on each other unfortuntly that is were the "Betta Tanks" are Pet smart smaller bowls worse staff cups stacked on top.My LFS closed they said plants were bad for tanks and produce waste and consume O2. i thought digging this thread up was a good idea because the good points the OP and others made.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.