Betta Fish Forum banner

Never Introduced Myself..

1K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  Olympia 
#1 ·
Hey fishie peoples! :D I never formally introduced myself, so I thought I might as well. So, my real name is Olimpia, and I live in Ontario, Canada, in a regular sized town. I'm currently in 11th grade and my goal is to be a vet someday^-^ even if it means I gotta tank through calculus and physics courses to do so.

I have always loved animals, my first pets, were, fish, lol. A horrible little tank, blue gouramis, paradise fish, a pair of convict cichlids and a pleco. Plus many other things that we could never take care of and died. Eventually the convicts bred and killed the pleco, it was horrifying :( Then I added crayfish, which killed each other, and minnows, which I released. At the end, just 2 algae eaters, which the person that bought our tank said they were going to feed to their turtles. I had a betta once in there, but he didn't last long ;-;
^awfulness, I feel horrible.
I've gone through leopard frogs(released to hibernate), mice (allergies) and hermit crabs (went on vacation and their caretaker didn't give them water -___- the last one died in my hand while I tried to save him when I got back).

Now I have my boxer, Zara, who currently has 7 lovely puppies, which will be leaving us soon (happy & sad about this, haha).

This guy is my fave:

And my ball python, snake:

I got Gilbert (avatar) in August and am soon expanding my fishie family <3
So yea, that's all there is pretty much :D

See less See more
#8 ·
No D':
I have no rhythm. 90% of my friends are musicians though, I specifically hunt them out and befriend them. Love going to local lives shows and such xDD

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I Play they violin and love classical music. Most people think I'm weird, but who cares. I'm also homeschooled.:)

I have yet to meet a guy who wants to be a vet! Lol It looks like I'll be the only one in med school.:(Lol Do you have any schools your thinking about?

#10 ·
Oh, I like classical music, I know nothing about it though. I only really listen to Chopin's piano songs.
Homeschooled at this age? That's crazy, most people give up once you get into upper grades and go to regular school.
Well I'm in Canada, I'm (hopefully) either gonna do my undergrad at Queen's U (my hometown), or Bishop's in Quebec if I can (fell in love with this place, it's gorgeous).
Then either Guelph or I think university of PEI has a really good vet program.

#12 ·
I don't know how school works in the states, but we have 2 semesters in high school, 4 classes semester 1, 4 classes semester 2. Semester 1 is almost over, exams this week, then it's semester 2.
Bio is obviously my favourite science class. I was really good at chem last year, I have it semester 2 (starts the 6th). I'm not good at physics but I have to take 1 physics course in university so gotta do that too. :(

Also, math is my enemy. Have that semester 2 this year also. Last year I got a 76%. This year I wanna go for an 86%, which is gonna involve A LOT of work. It's just a general functions course, all that's offered in grade 11 here. In grade 12 I have to take a functions and a calculus course. -headdesk- GOTTA BE POSITIVE ABOUT MATH THOUGH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.