Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #11 
Laki

Bowser is in the 2-3 gallon Kritter Keeper, I can never be sure of the gallon size. It's the medium one though. Ludey is in a 3 gallon. I don't know the brand of his tank bc I traded my 1 gallon with someone for it, but for a month or so Ludendorff was only okay with it half filled. I filled it last night and he's okay now :0 I think the space freaked him out all at once coming from the store.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #12 
Myates

If it's the one with a blue lid from PetCo, the mediums are approx 1.75 gal, the large is approx 2.75 gal. Normally it's the same with most kritter keepers.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #13 
Bombalurina

My smallest betta tank is Odysseus's 5 gallon. It's a really good one, because it is 17 inches long, so gives him heaps of room to explore.

I did have Circe in a 3 gallon to QT her, but she was so tiny it looked like ten gallons! She's now in the 16 gallon with the other girls, and that tank is given over to my crystal red shrimp. :)

Personally, I wouldn't want to have less than 5 gallons because I like having a cycle, and hate doing 100% changes.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #14 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
If it's the one with a blue lid from PetCo, the mediums are approx 1.75 gal, the large is approx 2.75 gal. Normally it's the same with most kritter keepers.
No it's not Kritter Keeper brand. I got it at PetSmart and it's definitely larger than 1.75g!! lol
Old 03-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #15 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
No it's not Kritter Keeper brand. I got it at PetSmart and it's definitely larger than 1.75g!! lol
Have you seen the critter keeper stick? It tells you sizes based on measurements. The measurements are on petsmarts website! I also have one from petsmart, mine is 2 gallons
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 PM   #16 
Zappity

Smallest is a 3 gal, biggest is a 5.5gal :)
Zappity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #17 
Laki

oh no, I didn't know. Should I just search it on their website?
Old 03-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #18 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
oh no, I didn't know. Should I just search it on their website?
If you go to Petsmart and then the small pets section, it's there somewhere!
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #19 
Luimeril

my smallest tanks are one gallon. i have Lulu in one, and Pyro in the other. Lulu, because she stresses in anything bigger, Pyro because i was trying to stop him from pacing. it..... didn't work. :I
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:00 PM   #20 
freemike

Right now my boys are in the 1.75 petco keepers. I have two 10 gallons that will be set up for Cosmo and a future resident yet to be found. Looking for a darker with some red finnage King Crowntail. I had Mystic in the 10 gallon tank, but even when the water was pristine he seemed stressed by the filter and it's only 85GPH. He would just sit under his cave most of the day and would only come out for 30min or so at a time. When I turned off the filter he would come out and explore. As soon as I get my 10 gallons cycled and holders moved I'll upgrade him to an unfiltered 2.5 gallon aquarium on my desk. That's the largest I'm going to be willing to do a 100% change on for the guy.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote