Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #12151 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
Bombalurina : the kid just might be being abused at home and unable to expression his situation without getting into trouble with his abuser.
and as for the screaming kids it all goes back to the parents that dont discipline their children through positive guidance, most people think discipline means giving the kid a spanking but thats not the case, spanking is not illegal but once it becomes violent enough to leave marks for 24 hrs and done out of anger and frustration then it is. Most parents dont want to make an effort to guide their children positively or at all.
These children are not abused or mentally disabled. The parents are overindulgent, blind to their children's terrible behaviour and insensible of the hurt their children cause to others. Violence is "high-spirits", continual bad behaviour is "puberty" and us disciplining them for the safety of the other children in the room is "staff harassment". I make allowances for the children in our care with Aspbergers, autism, ADHD and ADD, or for children who I know have a difficult home life (though I'm not aware of any abuse cases at our club), but not for spoilt brats. That particular child has run out of excuses. He kicked a hole in the wall of our Kids Club because he was doing something stupid that we had already told him not to do, and his parents even managed to gloss over that. :(

Lol, I'm come and be your housemate, Sena! I COMPLETELY agree with your rules. If people are silly enough to get a hangover, they do not have the right to complain about it.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 PM   #12152 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyankeeyankeefan View Post
ouch! that hurts so bad when that happens. hope your hand is ok. :(
Everything's good. Just a little swelling and bruising. It hurt like crazy though.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #12153 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
These children are not abused or mentally disabled. The parents are overindulgent, blind to their children's terrible behaviour and insensible of the hurt their children cause to others. Violence is "high-spirits", continual bad behaviour is "puberty" and us disciplining them for the safety of the other children in the room is "staff harassment". I make allowances for the children in our care with Aspbergers, autism, ADHD and ADD, or for children who I know have a difficult home life (though I'm not aware of any abuse cases at our club), but not for spoilt brats. That particular child has run out of excuses. He kicked a hole in the wall of our Kids Club because he was doing something stupid that we had already told him not to do, and his parents even managed to gloss over that. :(

Lol, I'm come and be your housemate, Sena! I COMPLETELY agree with your rules. If people are silly enough to get a hangover, they do not have the right to complain about it.
ahh.. one of those kinds of parents ... maybe they will stop bringing their child there then you have no problems. all the best
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #12154 
Bombalurina

Yep...those kinds of parents... :p They make wonderful rant-subjects, at least. :p
Old 03-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #12155 
mardi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
People who make a mistake, afraid to admit it and be absolutely rude to those who try to help. Just wow. Makes me want to throttle something.. and to pick the morning of the first day that I quit smoking to just be utterly ... .

Yeah I'm done now. Oh boy I'm done before I'm kicked off the forums kicking and screaming.

I need a smoke..
I don't know what it is about life- but my life was never surrounded by as much stress as it was within the first few days when I decided to quit smoking; thus why it probably took me about three times before I quit.

Hang in there! And if you need someone to vent to about quitting, I'm all ears!

Quote:
Yep...those kinds of parents... :p They make wonderful rant-subjects, at least. :p

Agreed, 110%!!
mardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #12156 
BettaHeart

Quote:
i agree ...

ok so on to my rant:
...ummm.... ok i got it!! always losing one sock for every pair in the laundry really!?! does it always have to be one side? and then to make it worse i'll end up putting the other side in a small foldable box in the linen closet and it will sit there for months,, months!! and atleast a week after getting rid of it I will find the other side ...
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #12157 
Sena Hansler

Quote:

lol!!! well I made it clear to my new roomie, (boyfriend who I've known for 5 years and never got sick of being around him and who has helped me already) and our "possible third occupant" of the rules. BF stayed, the other guy didn't. That poster stays up >.> right next to my "how to survive a ZOMBIE ATTACK" poster.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #12158 
dramaqueen
Banned

Like Bomba I make allowances for children with special needs. I'm talking about people like my cousin who sat there in a restaurant and LET her 3 year old shred up napkins and throw them all over the floor and grab chips from a bowl and throw them all over. He had no special needs. He was just a BRAT, plain and simple.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:52 PM   #12159 
Sena Hansler

So, my ex roomie messages me AND my bf: "hey can I get my food sometime today? you guys kinda locked me out last night..."

My reply: "yes, we did lock you out. YOU DON'T LIVE HERE. And no, you don't get "your" groceries, because you lied about the 200.00. I'm keeping it as equaty towards the 200 you owe."

I'll laugh harder if he calls the cops. A 16 year old...calling cops....about "boohoo my groceries are in someone else's house and they locked me out although I don't live there anymore." that's legit. I can tell them easily he hasn't lived here legally since the 28. Plus he owes me 200. Plus he tried getting into my house when he didn't live here. That and I don't see his name on the groceries in my pantry in my kitchen in my house >.>
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #12160 
Bombalurina

It's a big shame you can't get that through the courts. I'm studying Property Law this semester, so I'm all "Sue him!" :p

My rant: my last panda cory has been missing for 36 hours, so I'm assuming he has died. :( There was no reason for him to do that. At least (if there can said to be a plus side for a favourite fish vanishing) I don't need to worry about fleshing out the panda school when I get the big tank.

Another rant: it has been raining really hard around NSW and ACT. Several areas have been thoroughly flooded, there have been a few deaths and a lot of places are on evacuation alert. Luckily, where I am is safe, just soggy. However, it doesn't look at if we'll manage to get the pond in this summer after all, as the rain is due to continue for another 4 weeks (dryest continent on the planet my foot).
I hope it does stop sooner than expected for the sake of the people in danger from all this. :(
On the plus side, at least it means no bushfires this summer.

Tags
bettathanyou