Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-02-2012, 11:37 PM   #1 
Pewmew

Quick question about how much plants...

Hello all, I have a quick question about how much floating plants are suppose to be around. My male has been building a bubble nest and my female is already in the tank. I have a lot of plants floating around, it seems a little hard for the male to find her, and she use this to just chill around random plants. She does flare when he finds her but she just stays where she is. My question is: how much plants do you guys usually put in when you guys are breeding? Sorry I'm so anxious.

Currently they are in a 40 galllon breeder, I isolated a tiny area of about 5 Gallon in there so they are in that area. once they breed (fingers cross) I'll open up the space so the fry will have more room
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:35 AM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

There's no limit to how many plants to use. Just keep in mind, the more plants, the safer for the female but may take longer (breeding process).

I usually only stack the plants in one half of the tank, while the other half - where I want the nest - is fairly bare.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #3 
Amphibianite

I did that too Indjo...except my male decided to take over the planted section....
Amphibianite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #4 
indjo
TFK Moderator

I usually cover the bare end. The males will nest there because the planted area is wide open. I don't have large leaves floating - mostly use anacharis.

But I once experienced an unsatisfied female. The male never made a nest (he never did - 3 spawns) She wanted cover for her eggs and moved them to the far end of the planted half. It was funny, male and female "stealing" eggs and moving them to their end.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:27 AM   #5 
Pewmew

thanks! I removed some plants becuase it was taking over the whole place. The male has a big bubble nest but the female is still not convinced... they been in there for awhile now :\ sigh my hope is draining
Old 03-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #6 
Pewmew

they are embracing! but no eggs are falling :(

Last edited by Pewmew; 03-03-2012 at 01:12 PM.