Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #11 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug Isilme View Post
Ooooh cools ^.^ Hopefully you'll get the job as well- it seems like it'd be a nice place to work and broaden someone's experience with animals even if you have to deal with other employees that don't quite share the same.. passion as you do >.>... D: Hopefully it's just taking a bit for the papers to get in and not that they lost it... that suck.... Here's to hoping for the both of us!! *extra finger crossed for copperarabian*
>.< Running out of fingers....
At the petsmart I'm going to be working at most of the people are so awesome :D The manager loves animals and has 2 horses, the pet care manager really seems to know her stuff and when I brought my cockatoo in she was so excited lol.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #12 
Draug Isilme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
You have to do a drug test to get hired? O.o
Yeah, some companies like Hobby Lobby, Michael's, even this one animal shelter in my home town have employees do drug tests.... However, apparently you don't have to do the drug test if you really don't want to it's not really mandatory/legal for them to push a drug test on you- at least from what I know of when they're trying to hire you, not so sure if the same applies for when you're already employed and they're doing drug tests after a certain amount of months... But the thing I'm worried about is if I refuse the test, they might think "Oh, well she refused and this other person we asked to do the test didn't so.. we can at least make a more accurate assumption that this person is clean and obviously the one who denied it might have something to hide..... >.>.... so lets go with the one who's testing!! ^.^" I'd rather not give room for complaint, ya know?
Draug Isilme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #13 
Draug Isilme

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
At the petsmart I'm going to be working at most of the people are so awesome :D The manager loves animals and has 2 horses, the pet care manager really seems to know her stuff and when I brought my cockatoo in she was so excited lol.
Nice ^.^ The two I had an interview with were pretty cool; I feel like with my second interview, the one who was in charge of pet care was a bit strict but it was more because she was trying to intimidate me and see how well I do under pressure.. Otherwise she knew her stuff, too, which made me feel more comfortable working there if I do. Awww... I wish I had a bird or woulda thought about bringing my dog in for the interview D: That sounds like it would've really impressed the interviewers! Then again, while my dog is smart, knows the basic tricks and listens, I don't know how well he'd be able to handle sitting in an interview, much less going in a place that has other animals in the building, unless I took him for a 5+ mile walk beforehand xD
Old 03-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #14 
Draug Isilme

Oh, status update! The interview went pretty well; I think the two things that hinder me most is that I don't work experience and I don't have too much experience with reptiles... but at least with the work experience the previous manager that interviewed me said sometimes the main woman in charge hires people without experience and I at least mentioned I've handled turtles and snakes on occasion so that means it won't be too much of a problem.. At first she sounded worried that I wouldn't be able to handle cleaning up after the animals but it really helped to mention that I volunteered at the animal shelter and cleaned up after the dogs xD But yeah, it went alright... she was preoccupied 'cause apparently the fish came in earlier than expected (which I know wasn't a lie 'cause the previous day the first manager mentioned that they were receiving the shipment the next day and before the interview happened you could see her rushing around >.>) so she was a bit irritable as well, but I know it wasn't directed at me.. Otherwise, she did feel tougher.. but I felt like she was doing it because she wanted to see how well I could handle being under pressure. I'm hoping I didn't appear too flustered... but yeah... I think it went pretty well. If they don't call back I plan on calling after it's been a week; apparently with some jobs it helps to do that so I may as well try to show some initiative to them!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #15 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draug Isilme View Post
Nice ^.^ The two I had an interview with were pretty cool; I feel like with my second interview, the one who was in charge of pet care was a bit strict but it was more because she was trying to intimidate me and see how well I do under pressure.. Otherwise she knew her stuff, too, which made me feel more comfortable working there if I do. Awww... I wish I had a bird or woulda thought about bringing my dog in for the interview D: That sounds like it would've really impressed the interviewers! Then again, while my dog is smart, knows the basic tricks and listens, I don't know how well he'd be able to handle sitting in an interview, much less going in a place that has other animals in the building, unless I took him for a 5+ mile walk beforehand xD
Usually bringing your pet to the interview looks unprofessional, when I brought Rosie(my bird) it was after I had the interview and I was checking in, I had brought her in a few times before that but not everyone remembered her.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #16 
Draug Isilme

Also, the wait.. is... KILLING ME!!! I'm only on day 2 after the interview and I practically have my cell phone strapped to me at all times! >.< PLEEEEAAASE LET ME GET HE JOOOB!!! ;__; Sorry... I'm just really anxious...
Old 03-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #17 
Draug Isilme

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
Usually bringing your pet to the interview looks unprofessional, when I brought Rosie(my bird) it was after I had the interview and I was checking in, I had brought her in a few times before that but not everyone remembered her.
Oooh, okay. I've been thinking about coming in at least once within the week with my dog, but I'm not sure just yet.... If I can get my friend to get some fish related items as well then I'll probably drag her up there and help her out with getting stuff xD