Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #11 
djembekah

and i thought the half gallon tanks you can divide that are being sold at walmart were bad @___@
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #12 
Luimeril

any tank can be a bad tank, imo. even someone with a 20 gallon, once over stocked and never cleaned, can be a bad tank.

but.. yeah. most betta tanks are horrid.

i DO have a one-gallon 'betta bowl'. but, it just has one betta. is cleaned twice a week. and stays in a warm room. Stephano is quite happy in it, constantly moving, never clamped. happy boy. :B
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #13 
Fin2you

& here I felt bad that for the 1st 4hrs while I set up and conditioned my 12Gal tank, I had Fin in a 1.25Gal fish bowl!
Fin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:37 PM   #14 
DJAinKY

What was wrong with that second one? It looked to hold quite a few gallons of water, and it had to have an access point.
DJAinKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #15 
Emmahlee

Emmahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #16 
FishyFishy89

I'll be honest, starting out on bettas I've had a few of those stupid tanks. And knowing what I now know about bettas and caring for them. I've prayed for forgiveness from those fish and my higher up.
But I've since turned my ways :)

On a side note, how about those poor goldies!!!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #17 
EmilyN

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBetta View Post
And how are you even supposed to clean this?!
http://www.walldesigns.net/wp-conten...-fish-tank.jpg
When I was about 10 or so, I saw something similar on an interior decorating tv show. I thought it was SO cool. I never got one of those wall tanks thank goodness but it did spark my love of bettas.

I did start with a unheated one gallon that I only cleaned when the water got gross. That poor, poor fish. I didn't know better at the time though, thanks, in part, to the pet store employees and that tv show...

I've learned a lot since then.
EmilyN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #18 
thekoimaiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I'll be honest, starting out on bettas I've had a few of those stupid tanks. And knowing what I now know about bettas and caring for them. I've prayed for forgiveness from those fish and my higher up.
But I've since turned my ways :)

On a side note, how about those poor goldies!!!
No kidding. Both beautiful fish always seem to get the short end of the stick. If I had a dollar for every time someone told me "goldfish don't live long" I would be a rich woman. Of course they don't live long in cramped spaces with poor nutrition and practically no water changes. You wouldn't live long in a prison cell with no waste removal and living on broth.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #19 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekoimaiden View Post
No kidding. Both beautiful fish always seem to get the short end of the stick. If I had a dollar for every time someone told me "goldfish don't live long" I would be a rich woman. Of course they don't live long in cramped spaces with poor nutrition and practically no water changes. You wouldn't live long in a prison cell with no waste removal and living on broth.
That reminds me of the PetsSuperMarket employee who told me that if a betta was put into a home bigger than 5 gallons he'd go into a corner, freak out and die from stress.
I made the comparison of him moving from a dinky motel to a huge apartment with hardwood flooring. Told him he wouldn't go into a corner freak out and die from stress, he'd possibly be doing the sock slide across the hallway floor. He didn't say another word.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #20 
Aus

The bounds of human stupidity are endless:

You'd think was only half as stupid, but...

Aus is offline   Reply With Quote