Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #11 
Pitluvs

Times that by two and you have Canadian prices lol Sadly, our stores are geared towards those 0.5g tank without heaters... so everything you want to buy for a Betta you need to buy in large amounts :( Even a 1g critter keeper here is $30... an actual 2.65g marina tank is near $60 :( Our 10g tank are $40+.

What about having a list of NEEDED things.. but skip out on the costs factor? That would help a ton when people are researching what they need for a basic set up :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #12 
mattoboy

I picking up one of the Critter Keepers.. the 5.1 gallon ones.. but I do not know if I should run a filter because cycling sounds hard :(
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:11 AM   #13 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Times that by two and you have Canadian prices lol Sadly, our stores are geared towards those 0.5g tank without heaters... so everything you want to buy for a Betta you need to buy in large amounts :( Even a 1g critter keeper here is $30... an actual 2.65g marina tank is near $60 :( Our 10g tank are $40+.

What about having a list of NEEDED things.. but skip out on the costs factor? That would help a ton when people are researching what they need for a basic set up :)
I know ALL about Canadian prices! lol

I think I shall make a list of necessary things for a betta. :D
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #14 
newarkhiphop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoboy View Post
I picking up one of the Critter Keepers.. the 5.1 gallon ones.. but I do not know if I should run a filter because cycling sounds hard :(
dont need a filter or cycling if u dont mind doing water changes twice a week....
newarkhiphop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #15 
PaintingPintos

I just bought the Petco Large Pet Keeper on Saturday and it's working out nicely.... with 3 ghost shrimp, a silk plant, live plants, plastic plants, etc. Also, there is a round bowl heater that works from 2-5 gallons (The Large Keeper size is 3 gallons) and it works perfectly. Keeps the temperature from 72-78 degrees :) The heater was only $9.99
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote