Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #5651 
JKhoi

Well, I heard there was a sale for Fluval Chi's at Petsmart for around $35, so I picked one up.
I think its a great upgrade from my old 5.5 xD

JKhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:23 AM   #5652 
kimnoa

Crown Tail Initial Set-up

Here's my current aquarium set up. Sorry for the poor quality images, just took these pics from my Iphone 3Gs. Im getting my filters tomorrow or day after but i have a few questions.

1. Is the water level too high?

2. What kind of filters would be good?

3. Would a lotus plant be good with this set-up? if not please suggest some.

4. Would i need a Heater? I live in the Philippines and we only have Rainy, Hot and cold season. In the cold season the atmospheric temp is around 21-29C (70-84F)

Hpoing to hear some suggestions from you guys thanks (this is my first post after days of just reading around hehe..)

Last edited by kimnoa; 03-06-2012 at 04:29 AM.
kimnoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #5653 
JBosley

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwenny View Post

My maltipoo is on the left and my yorkese is on the right, they're my other babies
So cute! My Maltipoo is white My Mutt, the black, my Maltipoo the white
Attached Images

JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #5654 
KaraAnne

Bob Buttons' Batchelor Pad :)

Attached Images

KaraAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #5655 
KaraAnne

Hmmmm sorry I just posted the same pic twice ... I'm still learning how to use this!
KaraAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #5656 
Bombalurina

Welcome to the forums, Kimnoa. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnoa View Post

Here's my current aquarium set up. Sorry for the poor quality images, just took these pics from my Iphone 3Gs. Im getting my filters tomorrow or day after but i have a few questions.

1. Is the water level too high?
As long as there is space between the lid and the water surface for the bettas to get some air, it is fine. :)

2. What kind of filters would be good?
In tanks that small, filters are optional. If you do want a filter, I would suggest an air-powered sponge filter with a check valve so that you can control the flow. Either way, in tanks that small you are looking at one 50% and one 100% change per week for each tank.

3. Would a lotus plant be good with this set-up? if not please suggest some.
No, as they are not aquatic. I would suggest truly aquatic plants such as java fern, java moss and anubias. If you want other plants, like anacharis, lacefern, hornwort etc you are going to need a light. Your bettas will definitely appreciate some more decorations. Bettas are curious and love things to interact with, as well as places to hide.

4. Would i need a Heater? I live in the Philippines and we only have Rainy, Hot and cold season. In the cold season the atmospheric temp is around 21-29C (70-84F)
Yes, you will still need a heater. A 14F change is quite a lot, and bettas shouldn't be kept below 76 (78-82 is ideal). A heater will not only keep the water warm enough, but it will also help keep the temperature stable, as temperature swings can shock the fish, sometimes fatally.

Hpoing to hear some suggestions from you guys thanks (this is my first post after days of just reading around hehe..)
Hope this helps! :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #5657 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

10 gallon tank, 1 betta, 4 platy, 5 ghost shrimp.[attach][attach]Name:  IMG_0139.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  43.3 KB[/attach][/attach]
Attached Images

ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #5658 
kimnoa

@ Bombalurina

Thanks for the the welcome and tips. i'll get those plants, filter and and heaters tomorrow.

Oh one more thing, i was told that Tetra Bits complete is a good food for bettas. Is it true?
Im having a hard time looking for feeds that are specifically for bettas here. I think i'll ask breeders here in the phil where to buy one.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:07 PM   #5659 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimnoa View Post
@ Bombalurina

Thanks for the the welcome and tips. i'll get those plants, filter and and heaters tomorrow.

Oh one more thing, i was told that Tetra Bits complete is a good food for bettas. Is it true?
Im having a hard time looking for feeds that are specifically for bettas here. I think i'll ask breeders here in the phil where to buy one.
Me personally, (and alot of the users here) us any of the following:
Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets
Hikari Mini Betta Pellets
Hikari Betta Bio-Gold

I, myself, give my betta a tiny TINY chip of Hikari Bio-Pure fronzen brine shrimp once a week the day after his fasting.

The 3 foods I listed above are the highly recommended foods on this forum.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #5660 
kimnoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Me personally, (and alot of the users here) us any of the following:
Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets
Hikari Mini Betta Pellets
Hikari Betta Bio-Gold

I, myself, give my betta a tiny TINY chip of Hikari Bio-Pure fronzen brine shrimp once a week the day after his fasting.

The 3 foods I listed above are the highly recommended foods on this forum.

Thanks for the list of food. Now i have alot of choices if one is not available.

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank