Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #101 
Shirleythebetta

All is wonderful it sounds. Yea the funny thing about sorority's is you will always have little battles like that and often you will see a gal missing a little fin when she had it the prior day. I have a girl that I am trying to grow out a little more. I have had her a couple months and she has never had full fins. She is my agressor but I don't think she is to good at it :)
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 01:50 PM   #102 
Enkil

Surprisingly enough, the haven't nipped each other. Lolth used to bump them. So everyone has all their fins in proper order. XD They're cute though and keep me entertained. Need that now with both Kacey and I sick.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #103 
tpocicat

Sounds like everyone has settled in. I'm glad to hear that Hannibal has finally decided that betta food isn't a bad thing. Such a little stinker.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #104 
Enkil

I'm glad he's eating them. They're really tiny. Bought them so my smallest girl gets enough to eat. She was having trouble with my other pellets which are super sized compared to these. XD

Thawed some daphnia and bloodworms last night for them. Was like watching kids when a pinata breaks open. Everyone was so enthusiastic over eating.

On a side note, I'm slowly getting supplies for doing a spawn. I haven't decided who to pair up yet and my smallest girl still needs a name. Having trouble finding plants for the spawning/growout tank though. The ones at Pet Co were just... No. The PetSmart doesn't have much selection. All they really have that is fully aquatic is anubias.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #105 
tpocicat

[quote=Enkil;1005160]I'm glad he's eating them. They're really tiny. Bought them so my smallest girl gets enough to eat. She was having trouble with my other pellets which are super sized compared to these. XD

I know what you mean. When my first batch of fry started to get bigger, I tried to feed them normal sized pellets, and it looked like they were swimming around with basketballs in their mouths! Soooo funny. I then started crushing them and that work fine until they got big enough to eat them whole.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #106 
Enkil

They didn't like the other pellets as much as these. The tiny pellets are NLS. Definitely a better brand, in my opinion. None of them refused these and gobbled them right up.

Haven't told them that tomorrow is water change day. That should be interesting. Going to go shopping if I can talk Devon into it. XD Want to try to get just a couple more supplies this month. I just wish the stores near me had better plants. -_- It's so frustrating!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #107 
tpocicat

I feed my bettas NLS when I can find it, seems there is an NLS for everything except bettas. I also feed mine Atison's Betta Pro, they really love it. I can only find it online however.

You might find some better plants on aquabid.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #108 
Enkil

I hadn't thought of looking there for plants! I'll have to give it a browse. I tried the local PetSmart. I got a few anubias, but their other plants just looked... sad. None of the wisteria looked healthy. And I didn't see any java moss or java fern. Not sure what plants to pick to put in the tank, but I figured those would be good ones. Always open to suggestions though.
Then I have to decide which two I'm going to condition.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #109 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkil View Post
. I haven't decided who to pair up yet and my smallest girl still needs a name.
I have two new girls me and my hubby just named peaches and cherry because they are so delicious looking Cherry is neat, she has red cheeks and a white body with cherry red fins and peaches got her name cuz my hubby has a problem with naming fish with names that don't match them. She is white and has a blue sheen. thankfully I named cherry. he named our one boy red skull after a captain america villian and he isn't even red, he's dark purple with a redish pink finnage. *shrugs shoulders* at least he enjoys naming them. He named one girl (peaches) and all the boys. what coloring is your small girl and whats her personality?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #110 
Enkil

She's a black dragon. Smaller than the others but very responsive to me. She stays out of their way and likes to sleep on the bottom or in the barrels. Very fast. She darts up when she sees that there is food being dropped in or when she notes that Lolth is eying her. She's just very sweet.