Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #21 
pasoindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettabuddy4
@pasoindy, I don't think that they really realize that they are sabotaging, I just think that they don't understand and don't want to find out that everything they hav learned is not true, or they just don't care.
I'm sure they don't realize it, but the result is the same. Good on you for wanting what's best for your pets, and maybe there is some way to gently show them that Bettas like to swim. Shoot, I will post a video of my Betta swimming all over his 6 gallon if you think it would help.
I second the idea of a Kritter Keeper. They are really inexpensive.

BTW, I made the mistake today of reading the reviews on Amazon for that horrible wall mounted Betta "tank" and the people gloating over being cruel made me sick. Your post helped me remember that their are good people out there who care about "just a fish".
pasoindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #22 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettabuddy4 View Post
@kfish, do you know if they sell that heater at any stores, I try to avoid buying breakable products online, since they tend to end up broken when they arrive.
Hmmm. I'm not sure, but I don't think they have it in stores. I doubt it'd break, though! It's supposed to be ultra shatter resistant. I've never dropped mine or anything, but it seems sturdy. You can always get a Marineland 25W. Petco/Petsmart carry Marineland. Way more expensive in store than online, though.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:42 PM   #23 
Bettabuddy4

@pasoindy Hmmm, I think that a video may help but I'm not sure, do you have any facts that can't be argued, I'd like to sit down with them, present them with the facts, have them tell me anything that they think is untrue, and then I will show them that it is true. I also made the mistake of reading about those "lovely" wall-mounted tanks, I hated the betta in a clock tank most.
@kfish I may end up buying online, however, I have this bad habit of reading the bad reviews first and in most bad reviews the item broke. Since I have bad luck, I'm afraid that will happen to me and I will have wasted money. However, I am seriously considering that.
Bettabuddy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #24 
kfish

Quote:
@kfish I may end up buying online, however, I have this bad habit of reading the bad reviews first and in most bad reviews the item broke. Since I have bad luck, I'm afraid that will happen to me and I will have wasted money. However, I am seriously considering that.
Amazon has an amazing return policy. So, I'm fairly certain that even if it did arrive broken, you could return it and get a new one. I bought a DVD that came unplayable, and they gave me a free shipping label and everything, since it wasn't my fault.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #25 
Bettabuddy4

KKz, thanks, I probably will buy it, well once I pay back my parents and save up enough.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #26 
kfish

Quote:
KKz, thanks, I probably will buy it, well once I pay back my parents and save up enough.
:) I just saw you asked about facts that can't be argued - this thread might help. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=8923

Sadly, all of the links in it seem to be broken D:
Old 03-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #27 
Bettabuddy4

Thanks, I found that thread a while ago but never could find it again!
Old 03-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #28 
Bettabuddy4

Ummm, so now I have another problem, my mom has been making more of an effort lately, and she fed my fish and she thinks that my fish, Athena is blind in one eye, is there anyway to check to see if she is? and another question, is it normal for a betta to hate one color? My mom has a red bathrobe and whenever Athena can see it she FREAKS out.