Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #11 
Badjer

Yeah if you look close at the pictures, you can see sort of a 'halo' around it...which is the dreaded fuzz! One of the other pieces is probably the worst. When Cornelius lived in that section he actually kept it fairly clean, but he had to be put down last week. I turned the filter current up to see if that could perhaps help.
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #12 
thekoimaiden

I noticed the sand in that tank. MTS would also help keep the sand free of anaerobic pockets. While you might not be able to find them at your LPS, many people sell them online. I've seen them on Aquabid many times. I have also seen people giving them away (if you pay for shipping) in the classified section of TropicalFishKeeping.com (bettafish.com parent site).
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #13 
Badjer

Only issue with that is that I would likely have to do express shipping as it's pretty chilly here right now, and after blowing money on this guy, I can't afford that quite yet. What an expensive hobby this is! XD
Old 03-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #14 
Bettas Rule
Banned

How is this fish doing? I am buying a fish from the breeder and wanted to know how hardy the fish are.
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:18 PM   #15 
mattoboy

The colouring goes so nice together!
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:58 PM   #16 
JBosley

I want him! He's amazing
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #17 
Badjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettas Rule View Post
How is this fish doing? I am buying a fish from the breeder and wanted to know how hardy the fish are.
He's doing well! I used Jennifer as a transhipper and she packed him well according to my mom who unpackaged him (I was in school when he arrived). The heat pack was still warm, but he was a little sluggish for a few hours but had perked up by the time I got home. Only health issues he's had was from when his neighbor managed to jump the divider due to a mistake on my part. He got some nipped fins, but they healed up well. Other than that, he's a happy, fat, really aggressive little guy! XD

Thanks for all the compliments! Hopefully I'll get a new camera soon and can take some updated pictures of him as well as my other bettas. (:
Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #18 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjer View Post
He's doing well! I used Jennifer as a transhipper and she packed him well according to my mom who unpackaged him (I was in school when he arrived). The heat pack was still warm, but he was a little sluggish for a few hours but had perked up by the time I got home. Only health issues he's had was from when his neighbor managed to jump the divider due to a mistake on my part. He got some nipped fins, but they healed up well. Other than that, he's a happy, fat, really aggressive little guy! XD

Thanks for all the compliments! Hopefully I'll get a new camera soon and can take some updated pictures of him as well as my other bettas. (:
Excellent! I am excited thank you for your quick response!
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #19 
Badjer

No problem! Good luck with your purchase. Be sure to post some pictures when you receive him or her!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:28 PM   #20 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badjer View Post
No problem! Good luck with your purchase. Be sure to post some pictures when you receive him or her!
For sure! Thanks!