Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #12211 
Sakura8

GuppyBetta, I hope for that poor fish's sake that it was dead already because it sure would have been after that shaking. Fish don't handle concussive forces like shaking well. As for the mother encouraging the kid, what can I say. Ignorance is hereditary.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #12212 
Rosso1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuppyBetta View Post
Wow. I'm surprised I got replies in those few hours LOL. :D

I'll start posting fish-related stuff when I get some fish. :P I have one grumpy veiltail betta (but I love him even if he's grumpy) named Jimmy at my mom's, but none at my dad's yet because we're moving soon. I may get a betta, or a couple of guppies (my username is based off of my two favorite types of fish).

My rant? Here's something. I was at Walmart once (this is when I was getting a new 3 gallon tank for Jimmy, so awhile ago) and I saw a kid who was about 7 or 8 years old violently SHAKING one of the betta cups screaming, "WAKE UP FISHY SWIM AROUND I WANT YOU TO SSSSSWWWWIIIIIMMMMMM!!!!!!! SAHFGAKSDKHFL!!!!11!!1!11" and I'm barely exaggerating with that quote. And his mom was SUPPORTING this and saying, "Oh, how cute!" I almost lost it and verbally assaulted the kid and the mom, but held back and managed to maintain some of my civility (I don't cuss anyway :P).
Ugh! I don't know if I would have been able to hold back. I may have managed to be civil about it, but that lady deserved a reprimanding, not her child but her.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #12213 
GuppyBetta

I agree, Rosso1011. I know the mother was at fault, not the child. But at the same time the kid seemed old enough to know better (he wasn't 3 or anything, he looked to be about 8), but I just held back. Even my mom didn't like it (she may not be a fish expert, but she cares about animals). She said, "Let's go get our groceries and come back to get the tank when THEY'RE not here."
GuppyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #12214 
Sena Hansler

poor fish!!!

I went to PJ's Pets in West Edmonton Mall. Although the display is pretty, there were some sick crowntails, some with SBD, or other diseases They didn't have a single female there. some odd tailed VTs, and the rest small crowntails!!

and the fish tanks holding ones like....mollies, had dead fish. goldfish in the 5 or whatever gallon fluval edge. three in there. or how about the other fluval, which had a "help me I'm dying" looking goldie?!! >:( if only i had space for the poor fishies LOL
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #12215 
gossipgirl1031

Agreed. I am officially out of room. And I adopted 2 female rats about a month ago that have joined my family. At least the "babies" are all older & ready to go to new homes. They are all tiny though. You can definitely see the difference between males and females. But they are really small still.
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #12216 
sharonavila26

hi i dont mean to be random here but im new and i think my fish is dying so i made a account for help =/ i dont know how to make a new post. any help? =(
sharonavila26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #12217 
Rosso1011

It actually pleases me to know that a lot of our pet stores take good care of their sick fish. However, one of these pet stores had dyed rabbits (with pet-safe dye or so they said) for Easter. I don't care if it's pet-safe dye or not, it's disgusting to think they dyed those rabbits for Easter sales. Even more so disgusting to think people would buy into something like this. ><!!!
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:39 AM   #12218 
GuppyBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
It actually pleases me to know that a lot of our pet stores take good care of their sick fish. However, one of these pet stores had dyed rabbits (with pet-safe dye or so they said) for Easter. I don't care if it's pet-safe dye or not, it's disgusting to think they dyed those rabbits for Easter sales. Even more so disgusting to think people would buy into something like this. ><!!!
Everyone says PetSmart is horrible and full of dead fish, but the one I go to is actually really good. They take good care of the fish, and the bettas are in the little cups, but they're healthy and appear to be well fed (and they don't really encourage those tiny betta bowls). DYED RABBITS?! Wow, that's horrible! This annoys me about as much as the dyed fish (not the Glofish with the genetic mutation/variation, the actual painted fish). What, people don't think nature is beautiful enough without our "special touch?" It looks WORSE when we PAINT animals! I just don't see why we can't appreciate the way nature is and that we have to "improve" it.
GuppyBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #12219 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Petsmart is pretty good, too. I haven't seen a dead fish in quite awhile.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:04 AM   #12220 
Sena Hansler

Painted tetras, you mean? Comes in red, pink, green, blue and yellow... Painted one of two ways: injection by needle (lasts longest and is usually permanent) or actually scooped out of the water swiped with a paint brush then put back in the water - color lasts like...1-6 weeks. Plus it lowers the immune system of the fish half the time, AND their life span I talk people out of getting them. Their "colors" don't exist, sure, but I think it's cool to have a see-through fishy :3
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote