Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #101 
Sena Hansler

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:33 AM   #102 
Bombalurina

I kind of agree with Granberry. My first reaction was "You cruel heartless person, you put your dog down for that?!" But then I thougt about it, and I'm sure Granberry disciplined the dog and thought long and hard making the decision. When a dog has shown aggression to your child, can you trust it again? Also, I highly doubt that an 8-year-old Rottie would have been rehomed in a snap. People don't want old dogs - they want cute little puppies. They don't usually want big breeds like Rotties, they want smaller, easier to manage ones. With no guarantee of another loving home, and no way to know if you can trust the animal with your children, I think it may have been the better decision. I don't think Granberry did it on a whim, to be cruel. He/she did it with a heavy heart in an attempt to do what was best for everyone.

I don't tend to stereotype by breeds (although it does of course inform my behaviour around dogs). I have known labs who have been lovely. My godfather had a black lab that I used to lie on the floor with, with my head on his chest, and he was the sweetest thing ever. Then we looked after a black lab from across the road. We later found out he had bitten the children in that family several times - after we had finished sitting for him. Whilst he was with us, he was in the kitchen watching my mum slice bread. My sister entered the kitchen behind him and stroked him on the head. With no warning, he turned around and bit her very savagely in the stomach. She was 6 years old at the time.
They still didn't put him down, despite his proven aggression. I'd rather they had put him down when he bit their daughter, rather than see him savage my little sister.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:34 AM   #103 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
Thanks, Sena. Sadie loves the camera, she's a ham.
So is Emma Demma xD
These are from my profile on HGS

Cept for this one. I just HAD to upload it from today's doggie park visit xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:52 AM   #104 
Bombalurina

Dog life jackets...that is gorgeous. And a very good idea.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #105 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
Dog life jackets...that is gorgeous. And a very good idea.
shes a Labrador in a pug's body. Absolutely loves water. She swims great but I don't wanna take the chance ;)
Old 03-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #106 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've read a little bit about Pitbulls and what I've read is that they need responsible owners, need proper training and socialization. I've also heard from people who own them that they're very sweet and loving dogs. But like someone else already said, chihuahuas can be mean, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:14 AM   #107 
MollyJean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
shes a Labrador in a pug's body. Absolutely loves water. She swims great but I don't wanna take the chance ;)
Don't blame you there. Pugs have unpredictable noses, lol.

I can't wait to get Sadie in the water. She's gotten used to baths, but a lake? Can't wait!
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #108 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I've read a little bit about Pitbulls and what I've read is that they need responsible owners, need proper training and socialization. I've also heard from people who own them that they're very sweet and loving dogs. But like someone else already said, chihuahuas can be mean, too.
In my experience dogs like chihuahuas can be worse than pit bulls, dobermans, rottis, etc when paired with children.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:17 AM   #109 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyJean View Post
Don't blame you there. Pugs have unpredictable noses, lol.

I can't wait to get Sadie in the water. She's gotten used to baths, but a lake? Can't wait!
I wanna get Emma on a boat!!!!
She loves her baths, always hops into the shower with me
And shes always getting into trouble when your not paying enough attention to her xD
Old 03-13-2012, 01:25 AM   #110 
MollyJean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I wanna get Emma on a boat!!!!
She loves her baths, always hops into the shower with me
And shes always getting into trouble when your not paying enough attention to her xD
Sadie rarely gets in trouble.. get this.

We had put a baby gate up between the living room and the kitchen. The last thing I need is a doggy underfoot when I'm cooking. After a couple weeks we took away the gate and replaced it with a 1 foot tall wire grate that came out of my daughter's closet. (Was being used as a shelf). All the time, teaching her not to go past it. She never once tried to jump it or knock it over, even after the point she could easily step (not jump) over it. So we removed it and I put down a strip of masking tape.. and she won't pass it. Even when her toys roll across. I put masking tape between the living room and the hall to see if I could keep her in the living room and she won't pass it. It makes me laugh when she looks at me as if saying "Mommy.. please get my ball?"
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote