Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #11 
Bombalurina

White clouds are ok in terms of temperament, but they are sub-tropical and prefer much cooler waters to bettas. One species will generally be uncomfortable if you keep both together.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #12 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
- Endlers Livebearers (all the colour of a guppy, non of the nipping potential)
-Emerald Dwarf rasbora

Some of these little dudes can be very sensitive, though, so you need pristine water quality and preferably a densely planted tank. You also need to have the right water in terms of pH and hardness.
Ah, my tap water came out perfectly for betta fish, absolutely perfect conditions. I add water conditioner to my water, and the Endlers Livebearers stuck out from the list you gave me. :) I plan to have a planted set up with moss and good lighting.

I am also wondering about CPO fish. I just found out about them, I like how lobsters look and behave. Little things that pick at the ground a lot kind of creep me out, but I do like the reddish/orange of the cpo fish so i'm curious about them now ^^ <3 thanks!
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:09 PM   #13 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
White clouds are ok in terms of temperament, but they are sub-tropical and prefer much cooler waters to bettas. One species will generally be uncomfortable if you keep both together.
Sorry to say i'm not a big fan of them XD ^^ You can call me strange!
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 PM   #14 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

What's CPO fish? :s
White clouds are cold water and probably wouldn't colour up as well in warm water anyways.. Lugia wants something colourful :)
Endler's are good too if you can find them. They are livebearers so you should end up with lot's of them :) Which is fine because they are oh-so-cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Some species of blue-eyes can be nippy, and the brighter colours of the fork-tails may attract the attentions of a particularly aggressive male.

I don't know if the activeness of the blue-eyes and threadfins would stress a male betta out. I have blue-eyes in a temporary 10 gallon and that feels way too small for them. A 20 gallon long is an ideal size, as they will enjoy having the space to move about.

Several species of blue-eyes do well in softer water, as do threadfins. Not all rainbowfish need hard water to thrive. My honey blue-eyes come from tannin-stained creeks.

However, I find blue-eyes will do always best in a heavily, natural planted set-up. You might even get to see them sparring/spawning.
I was planning on the blue eyes for my 17gallon tank with a betta. I hope that it works out okay o-O I figured it saying they can live in a 10 gallon meant they were generally calm fishies. I know someone on here keeps them in a 15 with a betta.. It may depend on the fish..
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote