Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #41 
betta lover1507

who your birds?? or your betta's?? either way congrats :) save me one! lol jk good luck with fry/chicks :P do you know anything about clipping birds? am watching it right now but am still having a difficultly with it
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:14 PM   #42 
lvandert

Oh my betta's I've been setting up to breed this past month. As for clipping bird's wings I could never do it.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #43 
betta lover1507

oh ok :P anyways congrats :) i think i got it though
Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #44 
betta lover1507

my mom said "no" she doesn't like them because there loud, they poop everywhere, they don't go to sleep, there hard to put back in a cage. she got those from experience from her grandmother or something

i'll like the thread closed
Old 03-14-2012, 02:33 PM   #45 
betta lover1507

update

Quote:
Originally Posted by betta lover1507 View Post
my mom said "no" she doesn't like them because there loud, they poop everywhere, they don't go to sleep, there hard to put back in a cage. she got those from experience from her grandmother or something

i'll like the thread closed
my parents where talking about it and they agreed, but sadly i have to give up betta breeding now to keep a cockatiel
Old 03-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #46 
lvandert

I can see that being a valid point though with all of your other pets. You'll still have your babies you just wont be able to make more :P So what cha going to do?
Old 03-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #47 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

It's a big responsibility! Maybe you should think about it some more.. Also I'm pretty sure birds go to bed if you cover their cage? My friends would at night, but they still wake up at like 6am every morning. I think they are loud when they are alone, if they are in a busy room with lot's of people they tend to quiet down.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #48 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
It's a big responsibility! Maybe you should think about it some more.. Also I'm pretty sure birds go to bed if you cover their cage? My friends would at night, but they still wake up at like 6am every morning. I think they are loud when they are alone, if they are in a busy room with lot's of people they tend to quiet down.
Yeah mine goes to bed every night in her cage. Once you develop a routine (like watch some tv, cuddle on the couch, bed time) they'll learn when its time to bed. Yeah they'll realize this also means that they have to go in their cage but if they like their cage (lots of toys and room to move around with a few snacks) they wont mind. Spike will even put herself in her cage if we're up to late. Also their not so loud when your gone its more when they can hear people but can't be by or with them.
Spike is very content as long as someone is around. In fact she's sitting on my knee preening as I type this. every once in a while she reaches up and kisses my chin :P If you do get a cockatiel let me know. I can send you my private e-mail (I check it like 30 times a day) if you have any questions.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:46 PM   #49 
lvandert

with the whole waking up thing, when they hear your up they want to be up too. Spike will give me about a half hour before she starts squawking to be let out
Old 03-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #50 
betta lover1507

yeah ok, i know it is a big responsibility.my mom learn that from experience, because her grandmother will have a bird that wouldn't sleep or something. so your saying not to get a bird?

i only have sparta (betta fry) it is a fat chance that she/he not going to live, he/she is the only fry i ever had to live to 3 months. and he/she is stunted as well