Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #61 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionrocknroll View Post
It's not an alpha. The puppies listen to the parents like any offspring would. And then when they want to start their own packs, they leave, they don't fight their parents. But this is irrelevant because dogs aren't wolves.
so you admit puppies listen to their parents...
the parents establish with the puppies that they are a higher pack status. That is what makes them listen to their parents.

Besides the fact, your argument is invalid. It is obvious that the OP's dog is showing signs of "not listening to her parent" and needs to be shown that "her parent" (the OP) has a higher pack status than her.

The OP's dog is not getting abused nor is she getting neglected. This method has been proven time and time again. BTW Ceaser Millian (or however you spell his darn name) FORCES the dogs into submission. So his methods are COMPLETELY different from what I teach.
Using body language and tone of voice and perfectly fine in teaching the dog who is alpha.

I'm done going back and forth with you. There is no one set training method or every single dog. I will not continue to argue with you. As I said before, different training methods work with different dogs. That is part of the reason why there are so many training methods. What works for one dog may not work for another.

OP, if you need advice on training your dobe you can PM me. I have loads of experience and stories I'd be willing to tell you from training my own dominant doberman.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #62 
revolutionrocknroll

Fine, but did you even READ any of the many links and sources I posted to back up my position? You've given me nothing. You say experience, but if you do the research, it says that you're wrong. And how do you know that you're experience is what you perceived it to be? You're not able to accurately and knowingly tell how dogs think any more than I am. I've done research and am continuously studying this, and if my methods were proven wrong, I'd accept it and move on. But they are in fact what are used by the top trainers and behaviorists today.
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #63 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolutionrocknroll View Post
Fine, but did you even READ any of the many links and sources I posted to back up my position? You've given me nothing. You say experience, but if you do the research, it says that you're wrong. And how do you know that you're experience is what you perceived it to be? You're not able to accurately and knowingly tell how dogs think any more than I am. I've done research and am continuously studying this, and if my methods were proven wrong, I'd accept it and move on. But they are in fact what are used by the top trainers and behaviorists today.
Every single training method is used by "top" trainers and behaviorists today.
End of conversation.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #64 
kelben

when dogs don't have puppies, one dog is the boss. He will fight with others for food and females. In our home a dominant personality will push its opinions and behaviour until it is : 1. is persuaded to change its mind; 2. gets what it wants. It isn't rocket science. Scientists also say that dogs don't reason.... they are wrong about that too.
Obviously, this OP is really inexperienced and should be enrolling in obedience classes. This is much too important a problem to be solved by talking on the computer. Dobermans are smarter than most people I have met lol, they really NEED positive attention, or it will end up in a really bad place.
kelben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #65 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelben View Post
when dogs don't have puppies, one dog is the boss. He will fight with others for food and females. In our home a dominant personality will push its opinions and behaviour until it is : 1. is persuaded to change its mind; 2. gets what it wants. It isn't rocket science. Scientists also say that dogs don't reason.... they are wrong about that too.
Obviously, this OP is really inexperienced and should be enrolling in obedience classes. This is much too important a problem to be solved by talking on the computer. Dobermans are smarter than most people I have met lol, they really NEED positive attention, or it will end up in a really bad place.
agreed

And I am sorry if I acted closed minded earlier. It just really annoys the heck outta me someone basically says "no your wrong. don't do that". When it has been proven that the animal isn't getting harmed and the method actually benefits the animal AND the handler.

And I'm sorry if I made you feel overwhelmed, OP by all this back n forth.

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 03-15-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: typos....yet again
Old 03-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #66 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I was just confused about this whole peeing thing and her biting the other dog honestly.. xD And then I kind of wanted to hear both sides of this argument..
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #67 
revolutionrocknroll

Well I'm sorry too. I have Asperger's and this is something that I am intensely interested in. I don't know whether or not that's a good reason to have debated, but I think it is, and it's hard for me to control that impulse. I give up. Do things your way. And I'm not trying to insult anyone... I'm just trying to prove my point and this is a field that's constantly changing and there is a lot of information out there and some of it is good and some of it is bad. What I suggest for anyone interested in anything is to always study topics that you are interested in. But really, if you do have any links to anything about behavior, please share. I am very interested in animal behavior- it's a passion of mine.
revolutionrocknroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #68 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad to see you guys have resolved your disagreement. I wish everyone would handle a disagreement like you two.:)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 PM   #69 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Haha yes!
We are doing good btw. She still bites our dog like crazy, our old doggie just rolls over for her..
She's terrified of everyone, I've been getting her out in public a lot but it's going really slow. She'll sniff people at least, but other dogs scare her so much! :(
We're checking out a free pet smart orientation puppy class this saturday hopefully.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:26 PM   #70 
JBosley

My pooch is horrified by other dogs (which is hilarious because we have 4 other dogs...), I started taking him to puppy socialization classes They are helping.

I wouldn't recommend doing training at Petsmart... I've heard some horror stories and also seen some bad training techniques used at Petsmart.
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote