Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2012, 09:55 PM   #3481 
Kasablanca

My Betta Fish

This is Captain, one of my 4 bettas. He was the only one that would sit still for a photo :P I will post the other pics soon.
Attached Images

Kasablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:01 PM   #3482 
Kasablanca

Crowntail Betta

This is my crown tail betta Flash. He lives in a 10 gallon tank with some zebra danios, and a phantom tetra named Casper.
Attached Images

Kasablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 12:45 AM   #3483 
bettalover2033

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolder View Post
My new red male, with a pink female I bred, I bought him this morning and yes! he is set straight to breeding :D I put the big mother of all my other fish in there, but she is far to big and aggressive for this young male, so he had a pretty young female with him.
I watched them for an hour, no nipping or aggression, both are young and first time breeding, matched in size.
Now all he needs to do is start his bubble nest, may take him a few hours to twig, but he will eventually.
Are you breeding them in this tank?

If you are...it's completely wrong. You must never have gravel in the tank and if I'm wrong and your not breeding them, you need to separate them.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #3484 
StarBetta

Quote:
My new red male, with a pink female I bred, I bought him this morning and yes! he is set straight to breeding :D I put the big mother of all my other fish in there, but she is far to big and aggressive for this young male, so he had a pretty young female with him.
I watched them for an hour, no nipping or aggression, both are young and first time breeding, matched in size.
Now all he needs to do is start his bubble nest, may take him a few hours to twig, but he will eventually.
:O You bought him in the morning and just made him breed? NOO! TAKE HIM OUT! You must condition them for 2 weeks before breeding! Aaaah!!
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #3485 
Bolder

bettalover2033Are you breeding them in this tank?

If you are...it's completely wrong. You must never have gravel in the tank and if I'm wrong and your not breeding them, you need to separate them.
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................

I appreciate your advice, but this is how I have always bred my BETTA, it works, I have no problems at all.
The male is now attempting to blow his bubbles, like I said, they are both young fish, this first breeding may not be successful, but the second will be.
They are getting along fine, when a successful breed is accomplished, these 2 will live in the same tank for the rest of their lives, a larger tank of course with more weed.
I know it may go against everything you know about BETTA.
Bolder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #3486 
StarBetta

Quote:
bettalover2033Are you breeding them in this tank?

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................

I appreciate your advice, but this is how I have always bred my BETTA, it works, I have no problems at all.
The male is now attempting to blow his bubbles, like I said, they are both young fish, this first breeding may not be successful, but the second will be.
They are getting along fine, when a successful breed is accomplished, these 2 will live in the same tank for the rest of their lives, a larger tank of course with more weed.
I know it may go against everything you know about BETTA.
Did you even condition them? Oh and you are wrong and it is VERY bad to have gravel ESPECIALLY WHITE because the parents would not see the eggs and you would only end up with 1-40 fry. I know you wouldn't want that!
StarBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #3487 
Bolder

I don't condition my fish, they get varied food all the time.
Just so you can see the different way I have my fish, this is the communal tank of 1 breeding, mom is in there also, dad died of old age.
There are more fish in that 4ft tank out of view.
I do not mollycoddle the babies, only the strong survive, there are to many weaker strains in the market, I have strong fish who adapt well to changes.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #3488 
MollyJean

I wonder what kind of quality of life those fish have if the male and female are living together forever.. Can only imagine there's a lot of ripped fins and missing scales.

And how old is old age!?!?!?
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #3489 
bettalover2033

@Bolder: What do you mean when you said that the second time it will work. Do you mean embracing?.

You should just get a bare tank and attept this in that tank..

They are a lovely pair.very pretty female you have there.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 04:24 PM   #3490 
Bolder

I am sorry, you could not see the blue mat under the nesting site :( my bad.

Tags
arteries;), betta pics!, glory werz here!:b, wonderful bettas