Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

Well I don't know. Why did someone dump the guinea I now foster outside in the cold by a dumpster? -.- because some people do not care for animals. They're just fads. Something fun to have for a week then sell to a glue factory or dump in a lake. Fish are "just fish". People eat them, people hunt them, people flush them. That is how they are seen I came across an ad saying "my kids are bored of them and I haven't the heart to dispose of them" which is so stupid! Since I've owned fish for quite a while now, I know when I get kids they are NOT disposing of their animals! >:( not a lizard, mouse, fish or bird.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #12 
MrVampire181

Ok guys, look bettas fight in the wild, and it's part of culture in many Asian countries and people will do it. If people do it correctly I could care less. There is good fighting (breeders care and fish are meant to fight) and just kids throwing bettas together. I encourage people to actually research fighting bettas before calling it cruelty.

Also the breeder in the video is a friend of mine and a great resource. His fish are healthy and grow fast. If you think his methods are cruel you would not want to visit my fish room since most bettas are kept in jars 1/2 gallon to 1 gallon in size.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #13 
Sena Hansler

I was just answering the betta fighting part I personally could care less about the size of tank/jar, since well hello breeders cannot keep each betta to 5 gallons of heated water, and I personally kept a betta in a bowl and he was the one who lived the longest. And I have Dally in the bowl since he didn't react well to a 3 gallon o_O I've seen many videos on youtube of silly kids throwing bettas together and then complain "mine aren't fighting ;( " when really if they knew ANYTHING most animals need to be conditioned to fight.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #14 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I was just answering the betta fighting part I personally could care less about the size of tank/jar, since well hello breeders cannot keep each betta to 5 gallons of heated water, and I personally kept a betta in a bowl and he was the one who lived the longest. And I have Dally in the bowl since he didn't react well to a 3 gallon o_O I've seen many videos on youtube of silly kids throwing bettas together and then complain "mine aren't fighting ;( " when really if they knew ANYTHING most animals need to be conditioned to fight.
Lol I was just answering in general.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:09 PM   #15 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Ok guys, look bettas fight in the wild, and it's part of culture in many Asian countries and people will do it. If people do it correctly I could care less. There is good fighting (breeders care and fish are meant to fight) and just kids throwing bettas together. I encourage people to actually research fighting bettas before calling it cruelty.

Also the breeder in the video is a friend of mine and a great resource. His fish are healthy and grow fast. If you think his methods are cruel you would not want to visit my fish room since most bettas are kept in jars 1/2 gallon to 1 gallon in size.
Fighting is cruel, no matter what they are bred for. Some people breed pit bulls just for fighting, doesn't make it right.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

I agree, but disagree... How many of you own a fighter fish? Know why it is so hardy? Know why it'll probably outlive or withstand more than most Splenden?? Selectively bred... How do you sleectively breed fighters? Just saying :p That's actually my only "disagree" part o.o I've already seen my one female go senile (isolated now!) and rip up poor ol' Tina :/
Old 03-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #17 
LionCalie

There is no "good" or "correct" way to fight animals in captivity.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:14 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

Might want to explain, there's always going to be a rebuttal

I personally won't fight my fishies, if they turn on each other (sorority), or with the slim chance of jumping 3 feet into another tank, will they fight
Old 03-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #19 
LionCalie

Putting two animals in a captive and unnatural setting, then pitting them against each other with full knowledge they will fight, is barbaric. I don't care how long it lasts, or if they treat the animals wounds. I will always view it as cruel.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

My guinea males fight whenever they get near each other o_O So I have them separated. There's no buddy system for them

But again, I will note the Fighters wouldn't exist and I know many people on here own them.... Forbid someone against the methods to own one then