Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #11 
karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
When I purchased from you, a heat pack was never offered to me.

Hey don't start with me ok, i have never sold one of my betta fish to you and like i said you probably confuse me with someone else.
Regarding the DOA policy, you should know what to do when you buy a fish disregarding where you live. You need to do some research first. You should have asked members from this forum exemple before buying your fish from whoever sold to you.
I don't know why you mentioned that to me, i dont know who you are and i don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you should check my photobucket page to see if your aquabid screen name is in there or if your fish is in there. I posted all the fishes i sold to all the customers from aquabid, Ebay and from my own website, just a thing for me to keep track. The link is in my profile photo album.
karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #12 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

It would be kind of silly for a breeder who is sending out TONS of fish to check the weather and climate of the destination of every fish they sell.. Just a thought. People SHOULD know that it's stupid to think a sensitive tropical animal will survive in freezing conditions on a plane/truck.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #13 
Leeniex

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpediem View Post
Hey don't start with me ok, i have never sold one of my betta fish to you and like i said you probably confuse me with someone else.
Regarding the DOA policy, you should know what to do when you buy a fish disregarding where you live. You need to do some research first. You should have asked members from this forum exemple before buying your fish from whoever sold to you.
I don't know why you mentioned that to me, i dont know who you are and i don't know what you are talking about. Maybe you should check my photobucket page to see if your aquabid screen name is in there or if your fish is in there. I posted all the fishes i sold to all the customers from aquabid, Ebay and from my own website, just a thing for me to keep track. The link is in my profile photo album.

You=shop4bettasplendens on AB
bettarainbow=shop4bettasplendens on AB

YOU do the math.
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #14 
karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeniex View Post
You=shop4bettasplendens on AB
bettarainbow=shop4bettasplendens on AB

YOU do the math.
Oh ok i see now why you are taking on me dude. bettarainbow is Michael Snkn which is his real name, just found out now and he was the one who sold a betta to you, dont blame on me if your fish arrived dead to your home, do the math with him and blame on yourself and on him if you did not get a heat pack.
You should be responsible for your action, don't blame on someone else. Just because shop4bettasplendens is my aquabid account name it doesn't mean that you should put the blame on me about your fish.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #15 
jasonh
Banned

Quote:
That customer live in St Paul, MN, how cold is it over there ?? I know it is cold.
Why would you choose priority shipping and add no heat pack when you buy so much betta and knowing that it is so cold where you live ?? That customer is certainly a fool.

hi, i live in wisconsin and i have some friends in Minnesota. we sit in a chat room and we have a bot that we use to check the weather.

it has been quite warm in the upper midwest for quite a while.
Quote:
weather request; Minneapolis-Saint Paul International, Minnesota (44.9N/93.2W); Updated: 1:53 PM CDT (March 18, 2012); Conditions: Mostly Cloudy; Temperature: 75F (23.9C); High/Low: 79/63F (26.1/17.2C); UV: 3/16; Humidity: 50%; Dew Point: 55F (12.8C); Pressure: 29.73 in/1007 hPa; Wind: South at 23 MPH (37 KPH)
jasonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #16 
karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
It would be kind of silly for a breeder who is sending out TONS of fish to check the weather and climate of the destination of every fish they sell.. Just a thought. People SHOULD know that it's stupid to think a sensitive tropical animal will survive in freezing conditions on a plane/truck.

Yes, i totally agree with you on that, it is very silly, i don't do that, not really my problem. When people buy my fishes, i only ask them if they need a heat pack or not, if they say no then i don't want to bother them with more questions. They should know better what they need, because they pay for it.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:38 AM   #17 
karpediem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
hi, i live in wisconsin and i have some friends in Minnesota. we sit in a chat room and we have a bot that we use to check the weather.

it has been quite warm in the upper midwest for quite a while.
It doesn't matter what is the temperature in your area, what it matter is that those fishes are tropical fish, and like Olympia said, it may be warm right now where you live because you feel warm but not for those fishes, they are smaller size than you and more fragile. The trucks dont have heater in their trailer and samething apply to the planes.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:00 AM   #18 
Leeniex

Quote:
Oh ok i see now why you are taking on me dude. bettarainbow is Michael Snkn which is his real name, just found out now and he was the one who sold a betta to you, dont blame on me if your fish arrived dead to your home, do the math with him and blame on yourself and on him if you did not get a heat pack.
You should be responsible for your action, don't blame on someone else. Just because shop4bettasplendens is my aquabid account name it doesn't mean that you should put the blame on me about your fish.

I paid 5.00 extra for an insulated box. The "expert" should have known to ask me if I needed a heat pack.

And you both had fish stolen from your home? What a coincidence.

That's all I'm going to say about this. I just want people to know who you really are.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #19 
Leeniex

Oh and you just share an AB acct? Is that even allowed?

I've done alot of research, found lots of links. Does Bettakingdom ring a bell? The name Carpediem sound familiar? Apparently I'm not the first person to have a fish die within hours of arrival.

Anyone doubt me, I have plenty of links.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #20 
Luimeril

i got a pair of bettas shipped to me before x-mas. checked the weather myself to make sure it was nice to ship, let the seller know, and STILL freaked out waiting for them. a heat pack was added anyways, because it was still chilly, and they arrived just fine.

more recently, i adopted a pair of bettas. checked the weather myself to make sure it was okay to ship.

but, then, i guess not everyone does as i do... :I
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote