Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2012, 06:58 AM   #1 
Flexxoo

10 gallon Tank

is there a way to put a partition in a 10 gallon tank to hold at least 6 bettas from coming in contact with each other ? if so can i be linked to this item or where to get ..something neat :/ if there is one atleast
Flexxoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #2 
Flexxoo

Anyone ?
Old 03-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #3 
ZergyMonster

some people make their own dividers with plastic mesh or they buy the dividers sold at most pet stores. I personally never liked dividers because of the chance that they get loose and cause harm to each other.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #4 
Mo

There are. Any similarities and products, but most of them are unsuitable holding about as much as a half gallon tank would hole, not giving them the optimal space amount to swim around and interact with there surroundings. I myself wouldn't think about keeping a Betta in anything less than a 5 gallon so my recommendation to you is to either divide it once, or keep a male Betta along with 6-7 ember tetras
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #5 
xjenuhfur

You can make your own dividers, they are cheap and easy to make. I wouldn't split it to fit 6 betta though. I would use 3 dividers and put 4 Bettas in at most. Giving each 2.5 gals to themselves.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #6 
vilmarisv

I wouldn't split a 10 galon more than 4 times because the surface area will be very small and it really woudn't look very good. A 10 galon is roughly 20 inches long so by splitting it in 6 you would only have 3.3 inches of space between partitions which doesn't leave you much room to look at your fish... or add many decorations.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #7 
Flexxoo

Thank you guys for this feedback,I will take the advice and not split it as much, i didn't want to make my own because I've seen some dividers in 10 gallons that were super neat they also had space. I just don't know what it's called or where to get it,and yes 6 betts maybe too much maybe 4.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #8 
vilmarisv

What most people use here is just craft mesh found in stores like Michael's and Jo-Anns.
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #9 
JBosley

Walmart has craft mesh as well, really cheap too!
JBosley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:10 AM   #10 
lvandert

I just bought some of that LOL! I plan on making a divider to keep my babies from my grass wall until its full grown :P
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote