Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #11 
Tamyu

Thank you!
I am really happy that I am not the only one who thinks he is stunning. I am pretty much certain he is a plakat/plakad, as that is his description. But what specific type and color, I had no clue. I can't wait until he gets here - the tank is up and running, warm and cozy, just waiting for a stunning fish to make it home.

The breeder I am buying him from seems to be exactly my taste in color and patterns, so I have a feeling I will end up with some more from him. A bad bad feeling as I already have too many fish to begin with...
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #12 
MrVampire181

He looks to be a traditional PK/HMPK with HM genetics. Marble, potentially dragon.

Multi color and marble are flaws in other show classes. Multi colors have been show winners for a few years now in the HM form show class.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #13 
RedneckBettaGuru

wow, he is amazing. I am not usually too keen on plakats and have a hard time classifying them. I would say he could be a Half-moon multi-color dragon "plakat". Regardles I love white bettas and with the blue he reminds me of the sky. Stunning!
RedneckBettaGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #14 
lvandert

ah you can never have too many, unless you've run out of room :P
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #15 
Tamyu

Thank you for the information on multicolor and marbling. I have always associated multicolor with pet shop veil tails, but I didn't really know about marbling.

I do believe he is from a HM line - it looks like all the others from the same "line" are HM. They have similar colors, but nothing nearly as defined and striking.
I also wasn't very interested in plakats - I was looking at the breeder's half moons. But he seriously jumped out at me. I may pick up one of his sisters just in case I decide I want to try to breed him... Even if I don't, they are very pretty on their own.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #16 
bettasusa

Tamyu, do you mind sharing the breeders AB name? Thanks, Lui
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #17 
Martinismommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyu View Post
According to the breeder, he is 4 months old - if that is any help.

Are these positive traits? He was painfully expensive, so I have to wonder.
I have heard that multicolor is a "flaw" - is marbling similar in that it is something unwanted?
I don't plan to breed him (now at least, who knows what the future will bring), but am quite curious if he is something special or whether he is just special to me.
As the #1 multi color Champion and #1 marble Champion breeder in the IBC I'm wondering where you heard that multi color is a flaw? I have numerous best in show multi colors and they are not flawed....The color is actually a very desired and popular color.....

Your new little man looks to me like he is the outcome of a HM/HMPK cross..His caudal is short and his anal is long but his marble coloring is beautiful!
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:54 PM   #18 
Martinismommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
He looks to be a traditional PK/HMPK with HM genetics. Marble, potentially dragon.

Multi color and marble are flaws in other show classes. Multi colors have been show winners for a few years now in the HM form show class.
I'm not sure where you got this information....Can you please explain further
Martinismommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #19 
Tamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasusa View Post
Tamyu, do you mind sharing the breeders AB name? Thanks, Lui
I don't believe he sells on AB. I live in Japan and he is a local breeder. His name is Kaneko and he goes by M-Betta or Hanseiki135 when selling in shops or online.
I checked and right now there are no others listed now - all from this batch sold pretty quickly. This set was up on Yahoo Auctions (they are the main site for fish auctions in Japan). He has about 1500 positive reviews there, with only two negative (complaints that the coloration seemed different than in the photos).
I wish I had saved some of the links to the others he had up... Once the auction is over they are invisible if you don't know the direct link. All I have links to are the two females I was debating between.

(http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r88310727)
(http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e120764166)

He had a really beautiful light blue with a transparent tail edged with dark blue that ended up selling for something far far beyond my reach.
He generally puts up a set every week or two, so if you are interested I would be happy to give you a link when he has more available. He may sell internationally, but as I am local I had no reason to ask.

Last edited by Tamyu; 03-19-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #20 
Tamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinismommy View Post
As the #1 multi color Champion and #1 marble Champion breeder in the IBC I'm wondering where you heard that multi color is a flaw? I have numerous best in show multi colors and they are not flawed....The color is actually a very desired and popular color.....
I honestly can't really come up with a specific source - it was just something I picked up looking around online at various betta sites and boards. I am not a breeder and don't plan to show, so it didn't really concern me all that much... Beautiful in my eyes is good enough for me.

Quote:
Your new little man looks to me like he is the outcome of a HM/HMPK cross..His caudal is short and his anal is long but his marble coloring is beautiful!
I thought he was just gorgeous, and I can't wait to see him in person. He was supposed to be sent out today, but because of the cold weather and time conflicts he will be sent out Wednesday morning (and arriving early that evening). I did pick up one of his sisters, so will probably see if she can get along in a "community" tank (right now just a bunch of WCMM, slowly having their temperature inched up to betta levels.) If not, she will have to suffer in a 2.5 gallon plastic case for a bit until I can pick up another small aquarium to fit near the 3.5 for the male.