Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2012, 12:27 PM   #11 
karpediem

I'm not selling any of them at this time because i am not sure if i have enough for my 3 suppliers from the East coast. I have 5 tanks with ct fry right now and will be ready in 3 months, i might sell them in aquabid.
I have mostly colors that you wont find at your local pet store like pestmart or petco exemple. I have colors such as blue mustard, green mustard, copper butterfly, copper black butterfly, red copper black, white, yellow, yellow pineapple, orange, blue orange, black orange, green orange, orange copper, gold, mustard gaz , purple and few (less than 100) intense black.
karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #12 
styggian

I might be interested in mustard gas or copper when you have fry available later. I'm only just now starting my own breeding so I need to see how my fry are turning out before I decide what other stock to bring in to improve them. They hatched March 6, so they're almost 2 weeks now, so I've got plenty of time to wait.
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #13 
FishyFishy89

As long as I'm drooling I might accidentally buy your whole lot xD
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:45 PM   #14 
karpediem

Sure, no problem.
Here is a variety of ct i packed today (80 ct males). My customer who own a tropical fish store from the bay area will send his driver to pick them up tomorrow. Around 40 fancy super delta will go with that driver to another retailer as well.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #15 
FishyFishy89

pretty fishys
how old are they when you start to sell them?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #16 
Luimeril

those are beautiful!

i love CTs. many pretty ones out there. but... they're not my cup of tea. my water does strange things to their fins. even King Steve, who had perfect fins for months, had his rays wither away. :I after i worked so hard to kick fin rot's butt!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #17 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I love CTs but my boy's rays don't want to grow back. I can see growth but it's going super slow. I'm scared to get another CT.
But those white ones are gorgeous... :D

Are there such things as dragon scale CTs?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #18 
wystearya

Those are all gorgeous fish!

The last Betta I had, before Moonstone that is, was a lovely blue Crowntail. He lived for a few years and I never had any problems with his rays. Maybe it has to do with water hardness??

Anyway, I do love seeing all those Bettas together like that. It's like the best pet shop ever. LOL!
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #19 
FishyFishy89

I have heard that harder water does some damage to their rays.
Where we are moving is the next county down. So I'll have to watch Spike with this new water VERY closely.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:01 AM   #20 
karpediem

You know, you don't have that much betta like me, if you have a water issue then please use drinking water for your fish. Even your tank is 5g or 10g, it is not so expensive to pay for a 5g of water once a month or whenever you do water change. Do you prefer to see your fish die with the wrong water or do you prefer to see him grow old and die on your hands with the right water??
When you do water change, empty completely and clean it with warm water and put the new one inside. Don't do it half and half, it is just a waste.
If you have tail issues, clean your tank, add new water, add IAL and add a litte of salt inside and your betta tail will grow back.
What i am going to say here may shock you but i am using drinking water for all my betta jars. I have a guy that deliver drinking water to me whenever i need it. That is why my fishes are very healthy and active.
Also, i advise for everyone who has a betta or more in your house must have indian almond leaves. Those leaves are the best care for your betta fish, better than everything else. IAL and marine salt, those 2 things will heal your betta no matter what happen to them. If you have fighters or giant hm or giant hmplakat, use banana leaves. If it works for me, why it won't work for you ??
Banana leaves, you can purchase only through aquabid but for IAL, you can get them through IBC website.