Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2012, 10:30 PM   #11 
Pataflafla

It usually takes a day or two before it starts to kick in. Patience is definitely required when treating.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #12 
SaraLee

I've been trying to watch his behaviors the last couple days and it seems like when he's spinning it's always to the right. Also when he folds himself in half it's always to the left. I don't know if this is relevent or not.
SaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #13 
Pataflafla

I'm honestly not sure about what that means, but I'm guessing that he's spinning out of discomfort of some sort.

i don't think he'd suddenly develop neurological issues after eating some black worms, even if they weren't from a clean culture.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #14 
bettabreederBB

I'm sorry for whats happening. I used to feed my betta, Thunder(veil tail) some Tetra flakes. He was sensitive and stuck glumly at the bottom of the tanks. I put him on some Tetra pellets and put him in with the selected female ( male walmart female other petstore), and he shot right up, flaring and darting. i introduced them without an dividers for a few ays, and after nipping her slightly chasing, losing intrest for a while then repeating, i divided them. He is now making a small but signifigant bubblenest. ( he makes sure to blow some bubbles, then shoot back to the female and show off. she watches him flare and wiggles back. The food had color enchancers. Male is blue black green, female when being chased or moved is tan with stress tripes, when with the male undivided, shes blackish with submission stripes with a couple reddish spots on her fins. Try changing foods.
bettabreederBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #15 
lvandert

omg I'm so sorry! Thats so horrible. I really hopes he gets better! My fishies all send good thoughts
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:58 AM   #16 
SaraLee

I don't think it's the food. I've tried everything I can think of and he won't eat anything. This morning when I woke up and checked on him I thought he was dead. He was floating at the surface breathing so slowly it didn't look like he was even breathing at all. He also seems to have now developed two black dots, one on each side of the top of his nose near his eyes.

I appreciate everyone's help and concern.
SaraLee is offline   Reply With Quote